+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for advice and cheap Propecia in UK.

I am a 24yr old male living in the UK and I am experiencing frontal hair loss. I believe I would come under a NW2/3 as I have receded heavily at the sides and I am now thinning at the tip and front of my landing strip. I have tried minoxidil to no avail and I am now contemplating the use of Propecia.

I'll be honest, the side effects scare the crap out of me but I am at a point in my life right now where the psychological impact that going bald has bestowed upon me is making my life unbearable so i'm ready to bite the bullet.

I finally summoned the courage and went to Boots pharmacy for some advice the other day as it is the only place I know of where I can get a prescription in the UK, they were charging around £33 for a months prescription.

Does anyone know of any trusted websites or pharmacies that offer a better deal? And also, has anyone had any success with a receding hairline and Propecia? I hear most people say it's futile?

I was so close to forking out £200+ on a 6month supply from lloyds pharm! Luckily my GP was a total boss and she got me the generic finasteride 5mg tablets for dirt cheap, 3 packs for £11.50(ish). I cut my 5mg tablets up into 1mg pieces, easy as hell to do with a pill cutter.

Just go to your GP explain your problem and ask them for finasteride.

Incase you was unsure finasteride is the generic version of propecia. Just it's at a 5mg dose while propecia is at 1mg.

Good luck bud

Thanks, I will book a GP appointment and hope that they're as understanding as yours. Have you had any success whilst taking it?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJones12 View Post
    Thanks, I will book a GP appointment and hope that they're as understanding as yours. Have you had any success whilst taking it?
    Have not been on it long enough to know, I had a scary huge shed which freaked me the **** out, hair looked like shit and I started to worry, now everything has calmed down, only a few hairs on my hands when I wash my hair now and hair is looking better. Just try be positive about it, it's approved for a reason. About the sides, just don't worry about it. If you think your gonna get sides you will trip yourself out and think your getting them.

Just be cool and keep thinking this drug is here to help my situation. Also you need to be on it a full year to see if it's working for you or not.

It's good to take the GP route first and hopefully you'll have a helpful and informed one. Mine had never heard of Finasteride.

I've heard good things about this website: http://ukfinasteride.info/

I haven't used it myself (yet) but from what I hear a lot of guys in the UK have and the product has been legitimate. I'm not sure how the prices compare as you need to sign up to see them.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    It's good to take the GP route first and hopefully you'll have a helpful and informed one. Mine had never heard of Finasteride.
    my first GP said I was not going bald and all I needed to do was eat more melon and bananas. I left that GP that day.

I picked a new GP with a in house dermatologist, she instantly understood my concerns, and we both looked into available treatment, not only that she went the extra mile to get me the cheapest option available.

Never again will I make the mistake of going to just the local GP.

Does anyone know where I can get 1-6 month supply.

http://ukfinasteride.info/
    This website only offers me 12+ months

Can't go GP one of the doctor that knows propecia went on a break he will be coming back end of this year...