+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Class Action Law Suit

I posted earlier about a reaction I got from Minoxidil foam. I'm waiting to see a dermatologist. But this stuff really messed me up. I have gotten more pissed off. Didn't have a problem with the liquid for 7 months. Went to foam and after about 2 months I got a severe reaction which I'm still dealing with now. Feels like I got a chemical burn on my scalp and severe rashes on front and back of neck and behind ears with 3 distinct growths that popped up on my scalp. Also forehead and temples are raw and skin hardened. I used it 2x a day as directed. This stuff is dangerous. I know I'm not the only one that has had a reaction to this stuff. Thinking about going to a lawyer to talk about a lawsuit. Will wait to see what the dermatologist has to say. Would like to know how many people this happened to. Don't think this is safe to be on the market. The companies that make this stuff made a lot of money and should pay for their deception.

Its garbage - I used it on a thinning spot on my temples years ago and it made all the hair there fall out within a month - I continued use in that area for 8 months but NOTHING grew back - so it actually triggered faster hair loss.

Its all bullshit - stay away from these treatments - they either **** up your sex drive for life or cause shock loss that never returns. There is no real treatment for hair loss at the moment.

Apparently if it doesn't work for YOU, it must be shit and it doesn't work.

Oh...You guys! <3

This is the fifth complaint I've heard about the stuff. Thanks for posting this warning to consumers.

I used Minox 5&#37; foam off label on my hairline for 14 months. Within 6 weeks it had thinned out considerably and never grew back. For me, it made my situ much worse and dented my bank balance.

I used the 5% stuff in 1997 with limited success on my hairline, had a few small hairs grow, no loss though. Did get a bit of irritation. Swear by Proscar/Propecia though, no sides for me and haven't lost any native hair since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Would like to know how many people this happened to.
    Not very many. Most people who use this medicine do not experience any side effects at all.

Don't think this is safe to be on the market.
    The percentage of people who experience any side effects at all is very small. I've never heard of anyone with a complaint anything like yours.

The companies that make this stuff made a lot of money and should pay for their deception.
    There is no deception. This medicine works for most people who use it properly - and most people who use it do not experience any side effects at all. You can start a class action if you want, but you are likely wasting your time and money because evidence does not support your case.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Its garbage - I used it on a thinning spot on my temples years ago and it made all the hair there fall out within a month...
    This was off-label use. Filing a case for off-label use is definitely not going to get you anywhere. Temple hair loss is natural and normal for most males. Therefore if you are male, it is not likely that anything you use will work for you in your temples.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Not very many. Most people who use this medicine do not experience any side effects at all.
    ll.

The percentage of people who experience any side effects at all is very small. I've never heard of anyone with a complaint anything like yours.

There is no deception. This medicine works for most people who use it properly - and most people who use it do not experience any side effects at all. You can start a class action if you want, but you are likely wasting your time and money because evidence does not support your case.

This was off-label use. Filing a case for off-label use is definitely not going to get you anywhere. Temple hair loss is natural and normal for most males. Therefore if you are male, it is not likely that anything you use will work for you in your temples.
    Tracy while I appreciate your input, all I can say is that this is a very scary experience for me. Like I said I used the liquid minox after my fut for about 7 months with no problem and went to foam and after 2 months on the foam for whatever reason I'm having a terrible reaction. So Minox might work for most with positive results and little if no side effects but if you're the one who gets a bad reaction it's very scary and depressing. I'm not telling anyone to use it or not to use it. Just relating what happened to me which I think is important on this forum. Have a dermatologist appointment and will see what the results are. I don't like that I had to stop using it immediately instead of gradually like is suggested but my ht doc said to stop immediately after she saw me. Don't know how that will affect the hairs from my ht or the rest of my hair. I'm nervous and upset. Hope this all clears up. Will post more after seeing the dermatologist. By the way, I was using the Kirkland liquid and then went to the Kirkland foam both 5%. Good luck to all.

Thinking about going to a lawyer to talk about a lawsuit. Will wait to see what the dermatologist has to say. Would like to know how many people this happened to.
    So, your going to sue ROGAINE?? lol good luck with that. Thankfully, I didn't have that much of a side effect.

Weird, you must be allergic or sensitive to something in the foam that isn't in the liquid. Usually the foam is gentler than the liquid. Liquid minox irritates the hell out of my scalp and causes dandruff, but the foam doesn't irritate my scalp at all. As for efficacy I have had some good success with minox on my temple points. I use it all over my scalp but since I started it the same time as fin I’m not really sure what to attribute to minox but I'm fairly certain the improvement in my temple points is due to minox.