+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oh, so now even Minoxidil is one deadly drug! Seriously? You want to sue? I think if you're going to sue for Minox's side effects, you might as well sue EVERY DRUG COMPANY UNDER THE SUN since ALL (LET ME REPEAT THAT, A L L ) DRUGS C A N HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. I don't think you should ever use any drugs, just in case you might get some side effect, then. We all (or at least I'd like to think we all) are aware that the drugs we use have potential unwanted and sometimes even dangerous sides. This risk comes with using any drug.

Minox is probably one of the safest drugs out there (been on it since the 90's) but some people (naturally) will have some kind of a reaction to it. That's a given. But that doesn't mean the drug is dangerous or its makers are deceptive....

You probably had some allergic reaction or something. Remember, even hair dye can cause allergic reaction and skin rashes in some people and that's why they all have warnings but if someone uses them and they get a reaction they can't say hair dye is a dangerous thing to use...

The makers of Minox include warnings too in their pamphlets and tell people to discontinue use if they have...

Yes, Minox (or the PG in it) used to irritate my scalp and still does sometimes and leaves dandruff-like residue but that's about it.

I hate those greedy drug companies in general but I have to be fair too.

Hopefull, whatever you have resolves on its own eventually.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    So, your going to sue ROGAINE?? lol good luck with that. Thankfully, I didn't have that much of a side effect.
    If you went through what I've been going through over the past couple of weeks you wouldn't be lol-ing. you'd be scared ##itless as to what the hell is going on. Believe me. I don't have allergies and never had a reaction to any meds my whole life and I'm 61. So whatever the minox has in it that can do this even to a small minority needs to be addressed.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Oh, so now even Minoxidil is one deadly drug! Seriously? You want to sue? I think if you're going to sue for Minox's side effects, you might as well sue EVERY DRUG COMPANY UNDER THE SUN since ALL (LET ME REPEAT THAT, A L L ) DRUGS C A N HAVE SIDE EFFECTS. I don't think you should ever use any drugs, just in case you might get some side effect, then. We all (or at least I'd like to think we all) are aware that the drugs we use have potential unwanted and sometimes even dangerous sides. This risk comes with using any drug.

Minox is probably one of the safest drugs out there (been on it since the 90's) but some people (naturally) will have some kind of a reaction to it. That's a given. But that doesn't mean the drug is dangerous or its makers are deceptive....

You probably had some allergic reaction or something. Remember, even hair dye can cause allergic reaction and skin rashes in some people and that's why they all have warnings but if someone uses them and they get a reaction they can't say hair dye is a dangerous thing to use...

The makers of Minox include warnings too in their pamphlets and tell people to discontinue use if they have...

Yes, Minox (or the PG in it) used to irritate my scalp and still does sometimes and leaves dandruff-like residue but that's about it.

I hate those greedy drug companies in general but I have to be fair too.

Hopefull, whatever you have resolves on its own eventually.
    I'm not dead and I'm not dying. I'm relating an experience that I am having due to minoxidil. That's what this forum is for. I'm not telling anyone not to use it or to use it. Just letting you know that I'm going through a pretty scary experience. Hope it will resolve itself. Going to the dermatologist to see what the hell is going on. I don't have allergies and never had a reaction to any medication. Don't understand after using this for nine months 7 months liquid an 2 months foam I could get such a severe reaction all of a sudden. My ht doc says it could happen at any time. Bad luck for me I guess.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Weird, you must be allergic or sensitive to something in the foam that isn't in the liquid. Usually the foam is gentler than the liquid. Liquid minox irritates the hell out of my scalp and causes dandruff, but the foam doesn't irritate my scalp at all. As for efficacy I have had some good success with minox on my temple points. I use it all over my scalp but since I started it the same time as fin I’m not really sure what to attribute to minox but I'm fairly certain the improvement in my temple points is due to minox.
    I don't understand it either. Went to the foam because I heard it was easier to use. This is one scary reaction I'm having. We'll see how this all ends up after I see the dermatologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    I don't understand it either. Went to the foam because I heard it was easier to use. This is one scary reaction I'm having.
    If you were already using liquid Minoxidil before without problems, then had this reactive only when you started using the foam, it should be obvious to you that you are allergic to one of the ingredients in the foam. It is obvious to me. It is going to be obvious to a lawyer too. Unless they are an ambulance chaser, in which case they will ignore the obvious and try to milk the cash cow anyways. BTW, the label does contain information concerning possible allergic reactions to the active ingredient and/or the inactive ingredients. Including this information on the label is an FDA requirement. No one can make you read it though.

Like I said, anything can happen when we use drugs. It's just part of taking a drug. I feel for you for what you're going through but I'm just saying we can't say the makers of the drug are to blame and there's no way a court will allow such suit because there's no way they will be found at fault for this. Thousands if not millions (men and women) use this drug and have no problems whatsoever. You should also know that sometimes bodies will become allergic to something even though they were not at a previous time. It can also be the other way around.

I think (and hope) discontinuing the drug will resolve the problem.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If you were already using liquid Minoxidil before without problems, then had this reactive only when you started using the foam, it should be obvious to you that you are allergic to one of the ingredients in the foam. It is obvious to me. It is going to be obvious to a lawyer too. Unless they are an ambulance chaser, in which case they will ignore the obvious and try to milk the cash cow anyways. BTW, the label does contain information concerning possible allergic reactions to the active ingredient and/or the inactive ingredients. Including this information on the label is an FDA requirement. No one can make you read it though.
    With all due respect Tracy, I read everything before I use it. I'm a very informed consumer. How do I know if I will have a reaction to something until it happens. I was using the foam for about 2 months before this happened. You can read the instructions and warnings on anything and then make an informed decision on whether to use it or not. Like I said, I don't have allergies and never had a reaction to any medication and I'm 61. I regarded minoxidil to be safe and used it on the advice of my ht doctor. So I guess I'm just very unlucky.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Like I said, anything can happen when we use drugs. It's just part of taking a drug. I feel for you for what you're going through but I'm just saying we can't say the makers of the drug are to blame and there's no way a court will allow such suit because there's no way they will be found at fault for this. Thousands if not millions (men and women) use this drug and have no problems whatsoever. You should also know that sometimes bodies will become allergic to something even though they were not at a previous time. It can also be the other way around.

I think (and hope) discontinuing the drug will resolve the problem.
    That's what my ht doc told me. It's just scary when something like this happens. Especially after all we go through to get some hair on our heads. We'll see how this develops. If it were a minor reaction I wouldn't be so nervous. But this is pretty bad.

Exclamation Reaction to minox follow up

Went to dermatologist. Told me that your body can react to a medication even after using it for a while as in my case. Told me not to use it anymore and gave me some prescription cream to apply. It's been over a month and most symptoms have been resolved. Still have some redness and dry skin on my neck which hopefully will clear up. Will not be using minox anymore. Pretty scary experience. Will be going for another HT in about a month. Have 4 bottles of minox foam 5% which I will discard. No more hair meds for me. Good luck to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounk61 View Post
    Have 4 bottles of minox foam 5% which I will discard.
    Donate it.