+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Scar Repair

Totally agree with ya man, how many hairs were extracted under your chin again? And did you use any head hair? Anyway I hope you get fixed soon so you can put this stupid HT stuff behind ya.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've had two FUE procedures that I can't even have my hair down to a clipper guard number three without it being kind of noticeable. I've even had people point out that it looks thin there. If FUT scars can be corrected with FUE, then is it possible to correct some FUE over-harvesting? Possibly with HST?

Quote Originally Posted by NewestGuy View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I've had two FUE procedures that I can't even have my hair down to a clipper guard number three without it being kind of noticeable. I've even had people point out that it looks thin there. If FUT scars can be corrected with FUE, then is it possible to correct some FUE over-harvesting? Possibly with HST?
    Beard hair... Best option right now and should help out your density and scaring issue quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    Beard hair... Best option right now and should help out your density and scaring issue quite well.
    Oh boy, I don't have much of that.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    Interesting... Latisse may improve scar hypopigmentation. Also interesting is how some of the hair growth discoveries were accidental.

The Edisonian research approach is not something hair restoration doctors get excited about and with good reason... There is a possibility of disastrous results.

The Edisonian approach to innovation is often characterized by trial and error discovery rather than a systematic theoretical approach. In reality, this simple concept is a misleading description of the method of invention actually used by Thomas Edison. Trial and error alone didn't account for Edison's success with electric lighting when so many others failed miserably.
    The historical record shows that Edison's approach was far more complex. Edison applied theories and resorted to trial and error only when no adequate theory existed.

I read an article yesterday describing how doctors kept hair follicles alive in vitro (out of the body) for 47 days. They experimented, storing the follicles in many different solution types. Researchers have much greater freedom experimenting on organs outside of the body. Certain chemical combinations can create toxins. For example bleach and ammonia when mixed together, create a poisonous gas that can be deadly. When I lived in Californi, I remember reading in the paper several years back that Chlorine alone wasn't adequately disinfecting the public water supply so they started adding ammonia as well.

There is a huge thread here on micro needling. The thought crossed my mind of needling a paste applied to the skin that consists of all the known things that work to grow hair, reduce hypopigmentation, fight DHT, promote the anagen phase, and increase the fatty layer under the skin.

PRP, ACell, Vitamin D3, bimatoprost, copper peptides, and minoxidil. Researchers should study combinations on rats for instance. According to Robin Williams, researchers no longer use rats, but rather attorneys. According to Williams there are some things even rats won't do. My apologies to all my attorney friends.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:11 AM.