+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Scar Repair

Here is one still researching bad stuff though http://antiagingwithsasha.com/laser/fraxel.php here is what guys with HT scars have to say about it though http://forum.hishairclinic.com/topic...eir-experience.

Check out workinginprogress here on Hairloss Help Site http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...&enterthread=y as he has had fraxel dodne with great affect here is another post http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...&enterthread=y, I will continue to look but it is clear that it has helped all users. However, I have to find out why one lady wants to charge me 100 or so dollars and the other wants to charge 450....the 450 dollar place was less knowledgeable on HT scars but they used the same laser...so IDK, I will however, fraxel my recipiant area just so I don't worry anymore about it.

Here is another link http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...threadid=94841, still looking for negatives but it is hard to find any besides women who do their whole face or those who say their is some swelling but I don't think that matters really. But everyone swears it doesn't remove surrounding hairs.

Here is another link http://www.realself.com/question/fra...surgical-scars, and it seems Umar says it is legit....I will do the least downtime and low level and go up from there. Most have said it isn't worth it because it is painful, but you can take a pill before hand if you want, let me know if you find out more stuff I am looking...

There is some negative stuff on this site but mostly it is people that have had fat removed below there eyes because of fraxel, it hurts, or they went with the full blown method I think it is called fraxel repair. This lady had a tummy tuck scar fixxed http://www.realself.com/review/phoen...ummy-tuck-scar and that was the same site btw.

Are you going to use the restore method? when are you starting?

I am going with the method that is the fastest healing, I think it is restore. I am gonna do a small area on my recipiant area next week. I want my scar to heal more as I was told since it is raised it can come down quite a bit still and that fraxel could raise it more, but the last month and a half the bump has come down quite a bit, still I think I will do fraxel on my scar in November/Decemberish just to make sure. Honestly thogh I don't think there is any worrying when it comes to the fraxel that heals the fastest and I have not seen one guy that has done fraxel on his scar or recipiant area who has complained, in fact all are jubilant and the way I figure every guy that says his work was good there must be at least 10 others that got the same result but they just don't post pics or their story online.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Strip scars can be big and ugly, but I think shotgun scars compared with a good strip scar are worse from a cosmetic point of view. I think it was Hairsite where I saw an Indian doctor post that he has never had a patient request repair of shotgun scars.

Anyway, I'm in the process of having shotgun scars repaired by Dr. Cole. A week and a half ago, he used beard hair and grafted into the scars and what appears to be at the edge of the round scars. The numbing injection process into the scars was a bit painful at first, but tolerable. Dr. Cole is using Acell. Not sure if it was the Acell or the beard donor area characteristics, but the extraction sites didn't scab. They just kind of shrunk into what looks like untouched skin within 4 days. There is still very minor redness, but no sign of round extraction dots at all. Several years ago, I had body hair grafted into some of the scars and it is still growing. In fact the grafts seemed to grow better on or near the shotgun scars than they did on my crown. The body hair growth is still strong in the frontal area of my head. I should probably use Rogaine, but I haven't used anything for about a year. I'm confident the beard hair will grow because the less predictable body hair grew without Acell.

Thanks for that man, how long has it been since the beard hair treatment? Hope you get over this, could we see som pics of your scars? Are they big, small? How many grafts? I understand if you don't wanna show pics, thanks again for sharing bro.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I am trying to take photos. What I really want are sharp closeup photos. So far my camera/lighting isn't cooperating. If I can catch the beard hair donor area right, it will show that there isn't any evidence of extraction holes at all. It surprised me. In the early days of BHT, I had leg hair removed and in the right light I can see some hypopigmentation or little lighter than normal skin colored dots. No one would ever notice them, but if I look closely they are there in a couple of areas. One of the complaints strip patients have had about FUE is the white dots. As I mentioned, it was either the Acell or the natural beard skin characteristics, but the obvious dots the first day on the beard area seemed to shrink up and disappear. My wife took a close look and couldn't find any evidence at all of extraction of hair follicles.

I see a lot of patients in forums who seem happy with their strip results, but always wonder what their head would look like shaved down. I have seen FUE heads shaved down and see small dots of missing hair before Acell and whatever technologies Dr's are using in the last 3 years or so. I commonly see something similar on people who have not had any hair restoration surgery at all. Not small dots but 3-4mm size areas that have no hair at all. All this to say, if Acell shows consistent positive results, this could mean that FUE HT patients could have the option of shaving their heads without worry of advertising their HT surgery.

I think it was around 77' Bosley Medical Group in Beverly hills did a number on my head. Hair transplants were experimental IMO. I remember expressing concern about the 4mm holes in the back of my head. The doctor told me that they would eventually shrink and disappear. That didn't happen, and I'm not sure that that ever did happen for any 4mm punch victim. I am SO looking forward to getting rid of those scars.

IMO, the main problem with bad hair transplants is, doctor's can say their result is great even when it sucks to just about everyone else. I had heard that when the camera came on to the scene, artists began doing work that was more subjective. I know of a guy who was butchered by a hair restoration doctor and went to court. He told me that juries are unsympathetic and doctors use the "subjective" art excuse for their horrible work. Hair transplant work should be considered objective medical art rather than subjective. I mean really... who would consider plugs anything other than freakish. End Rant.