+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D cure?

35 million suffering from baldness jeeze. Think of the money that this industry has yet to tap. Billiondollar industry for the company that discovers/makes an actual cure.

btw I'm not sold on this whole vitamin d thing, as it states in the article its only a small piece of the puzzle and consuming more vitamin d wont do anything.

It helped me with my skin problems, i had a dry skin and irritated after shaving, since i took a course of 6 months i have a better skin but nothing on hair :-

Quote Originally Posted by lorrydriver View Post
    It helped me with my skin problems, i had a dry skin and irritated after shaving, since i took a course of 6 months i have a better skin but nothing on hair :-
    What's a course? Did you take capsules or try to eat foods rich in Vitamin D?

P.S. Is English not your native language? Quick tip, we don't use articles before "skin." For instance, we don't have "a" skin. We just have skin.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    btw I'm not sold on this whole vitamin d thing, as it states in the article its only a small piece of the puzzle and consuming more vitamin d wont do anything.

Bingo. Unless mega-dosing is involved, who knows. But that can not be safe.

The problem isn't necessarily the amount of vit d, as they describe its about HOW its (effectively) used.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Bingo. Unless mega-dosing is involved, who knows. But that can not be safe.

The problem isn't necessarily the amount of vit d, as they describe its about HOW its (effectively) used.
    Indeed, they even state this in the article.

"Don't get all excited and go buy a boatload of vitamin D, though. The advances in research have less to do with the presence of the nutrient that it does with how your body uses it."

What they are suggesting is not the amount of vitamin D but rather how vitamin D is Reacting with the follicles receptors.

What kills me is that this would be so easy to try. All a doctor has to do is inject Vitamin D into the scalp, especially since these Vitamin D discoveries seem to be very promising. Since injecting Vitamin D would be all natural, this could be started right away and FDA approval would not be needed. But no, instead we're being offered utter bulls**t like head tattooing, which has no science behind it whatsoever.

Most people above the Mason Dixon line are Vitamin D deficient. Though I don't believe taking extra Vitamin D would help treat hair loss in any appreciable way, it is easy and inexpensive to try. If you live in certain climates you probably need to take supplemental Vitamin D anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    What kills me is that this would be so easy to try. All a doctor has to do is inject Vitamin D into the scalp, especially since these Vitamin D discoveries seem to be very promising. Since injecting Vitamin D would be all natural, this could be started right away and FDA approval would not be needed. But no, instead we're being offered utter bulls**t like head tattooing, which has no science behind it whatsoever.
    That likely won't do anything.

The problem is that the Vit D isn't being used properly by the follicile. Much in the same way some folliciles don't defend against DHT for whatever reason. They apparently don't use Vit D correctly either.

But the real question would be whether thats pre-hair loss, or once the same factors that cause DHT to squeeze are beginning to play.

The thing is though, we'll never know until it's tried. I think it could have a positive effect on hair growth and even if it doesn't, it can't really be that expensive to try and it won't have any permanent side effects or head scarring.