+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vitamin D cure?

Wow lol.. I mean wow..

This does nothing but show how low some people will stoop for media attention - its been known for years that Vitamin D plays a role in the differentiation of keratinocytes - the fact that these idiots have the nerve to release YET ANOTHER article proclaiming the "cure is around the corner" simply makes me sick.

No different to the PGD2 articles that WRONGLY stated the cure will be on the shelves in 2 years - even Follica had to correct them and state it could be another 10 years before it hits market, then again Follica stated the cure was 5 years away back in 2008, so dont expect anything a decade from now either.

The thing with these researchers is they sometimes discover a regular known compound like a vitamin is involved in the differentiation of stem cells or something and then run a muck with the media to hit reader targets proclaiming that the cure to baldness is nearly here - I say stfu until you can show hair growth.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Wow lol.. I mean wow..

This does nothing but show how low some people will stoop for media attention - its been known for years that Vitamin D plays a role in the differentiation of keratinocytes - the fact that these idiots have the nerve to release YET ANOTHER article proclaiming the "cure is around the corner" simply makes me sick.

No different to the PGD2 articles that WRONGLY stated the cure will be on the shelves in 2 years - even Follica had to correct them and state it could be another 10 years before it hits market, then again Follica stated the cure was 5 years away back in 2008, so dont expect anything a decade from now either.

The thing with these researchers is they sometimes discover a regular known compound like a vitamin is involved in the differentiation of stem cells or something and then run a muck with the media to hit reader targets proclaiming that the cure to baldness is nearly here - I say stfu until you can show hair growth.
    You're right man, the media makes me sick. They are so unethical when it comes to health matters, they don't give a s**t as long as they make the most money. All they care about is the headline to attract new readers. It's actually the same thing in the scientific community, that one guy who published the work of the higs particle. He didn't think that would attract that many readers, so what did he do? He called it "The God Particle". Of course people are going to read that shit and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick View Post
    You're right man, the media makes me sick. They are so unethical when it comes to health matters, they don't give a s**t as long as they make the most money. All they care about is the headline to attract new readers. It's actually the same thing in the scientific community, that one guy who published the work of the higs particle. He didn't think that would attract that many readers, so what did he do? He called it "The God Particle". Of course people are going to read that shit and love it.
    I know - even if they 'confirm' that Vitamin D plays a role in the hair growth cycle - it doesnt mean ANYTHING about treating people who are suffering from hair loss - but still they dress up the headlines to hit their targets.

The thing is with all this vitamin D malarky is that it is in no way going to be beneficial to us hair loss sufferers, we wont be buying bottles of vitamin D lotion and growing back hair or preventing hair loss.

The people who should take note of this are companies like Replicel and Aderans who through the use of vitamin D may be able to improve the yield of their cell therapy treatments, perhaps this is what may take some of the treatments that work in 70% of patients to something that now works in 75 - 80% of patients.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    The thing is with all this vitamin D malarky is that it is in no way going to be beneficial to us hair loss sufferers, we wont be buying bottles of vitamin D lotion and growing back hair or preventing hair loss.

The people who should take note of this are companies like Replicel and Aderans who through the use of vitamin D may be able to improve the yield of their cell therapy treatments, perhaps this is what may take some of the treatments that work in 70% of patients to something that now works in 75 - 80% of patients.
    Totally agree, taking excessive amounts of D3 will not grow back hair, that's just obvious.

While searching around ( looking for histogen news ) I came across a link on another site which had the above link I posted. They also mentioned aderans maybe looking into this. Interesting stuff tho and a good read.