+ Reply to Thread
    Inactive

Post The Search for a Baldness Cure

Fresh clues to what makes hair follicles go dormant are pointing toward potential cures for baldness.

Several research teams are working to figure out ways to spur existing follicles — the tiny organs in the skin that give birth to hair — back into action, or to make new, active follicles. New treatments based on this work likely are many years from the market, but these approaches could lead to the significant breakthrough of helping people who are already bald.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...954317340.html

Thank you; appreciate the posts.

..just the usual non-article on the last baldness "discovery"...may do this....may do that.....but we're stuck at the same point since forever.

It's time for this scientists to put up real results or shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    ..just the usual non-article on the last baldness "discovery"...may do this....may do that.....but we're stuck at the same point since forever.

I agree, PROOF OR GTFO!!

Would be awesome if 'several years' actually mean't like.... 3-5 years (which I consider several), but we all know several years actually means "You will probably never see this"

Inactive

Thumbs down

Right. Because everyone would be better off if scientists all kept their research to themselves, and nobody knew what anyone else was working on.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Right. Because everyone would be better off if scientists all kept their research to themselves, and nobody knew what anyone else was working on.
    No, because those articles are routinely published to generate some 'easy' traffic to the website, but 90% of the time have no real follow up.

As a matter of fact, the only scientists really pushing the bar higher are the usual ones. Gho, Cotsarelis, Histogen, etc.

Hell, even the layout they use is always the same. With the thinning guy crying etc.

I understand the poster is prbably trying to give us some hope but articles (or news) like this are MEANINGLESS. This would be like the 179540th time we read something about a potential baldness cure. It's always the same thing - scientists believe they will have something in the next 5-10 years (or several years before.....) but we NEVER see or hear anything. And this will be just another one that will soon be forgotten. It's also always the same about the researchers reporting success with growing hair ON GOD DAMN MICE, and that's probably as far as it goes but NEVER on humans. NEVER. To me, it sounds they do this ON PURPOSE. There are literally 10's if not 100's of news articles about researchers succeeding in growing hair on mice but what happened to all those researchers with their useless success (with mice)? I bet their goal is always to regrow hair on mice and then stop there or we wouldn't have piles of similar news articles about hair loss "research" that doesn't go anywhere.

I don't even bother to read news like this because I know what they're going to say and I know it won't get anywhere. Meanwhile, the suffering continues and no one seems to care.

Yeah and, on top of that, again with the vitamin theory?

Vitamin D....seriously? what about the vitamin E they were pointing out in the past?

Now you'll see all those guys on hairsite going apeshit crazy and injecting pure vitamin D into their scalps.

Actually, the only real people working their ass off to discover a cure are those crazy guys at hairsite, with all their self-injection experiments.

Seriously guys if it wasn't for Gho a a couple of others, today we'd still have FUT+finasteride and minoxishit as the only option with no real hope for the future.

Yeah and, on top of that, again with the vitamin theory?

Vitamin D....seriously? what about the vitamin E they were pointing out in the past?

Now you'll see all those guys on hairsite going apeshit crazy and injecting pure vitamin D into their scalps.

Actually, the only real people working their ass off to discover a cure are those crazy guys at hairsite, with all their self-injection experiments.

Seriously guys if it wasn't for Gho a a couple of others, today we'd still have FUT+finasteride and minoxishit as the only option with no real hope for the future.
    Half this stuff wasnt even here 10, 15 years ago so we are making progress in terms of products.

It's a very slow process though, even if one of these are the cure it's not like it can be fastracked, it takes 3-4 years to go through all the trials.

Believe me, companies are working hard to find that cure, it will make them millions if not billions and you dont toss up an opportunity to build a massive business.

either way i'm cautiosly optimistic, I do think one of the 10-15 products being developed and on trial will at least help or be an upgrade to the current products. Not to mention we're on the verge of the first new hairloss product in 10 or so years being FDA approved(bitmaprost.)