My story - 35yo after 10 years on & off FIN & MINOX with pics - A topsy turvy tale...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazoid
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Cyberdyne
    Hey Fellas, I am using ‘Finpecia’ which is a generic 1mg Finasteride.
    I cant be bothered cutting pills, plus it can be dangerous if there pregnant women around.
    I use a website called ‘the swiss pharmacy’ if anyone can find cheaper let me know
    Yep, this is why I take the 1mg and I stored them at work whilst my wife was pregnant.

Comment

• tommy079
      • Sep 2012

So let me see if I got this straight.

You say to take .5mg for about a year and see how that works out for me. Then up the dose to 1mg.

I can do that.

I'm not sure if I really want to powderize a 5mg pill into 1/8ths though, just for the sake of being cheap.

What did you all decide was the cheapest effective generic 1mg pill. I'd rather just cut a 1mg pill in half. Even though it does sound extrememly economical to turn a bottle of 30 5mg pills into 240.

I'll see if I can get a script for the 5mg ones you suggested just to try it out and then also the 1mg. Maybe the 5mg are horse pills and won't be that difficult to cut in 1/4's and then in half again. I just know that I have this sleeping pill that KNOCKS me out so I have to cut it in half...and when I do it always breaks into 3 or 4 powdery pieces...and that's just annoying.

Comment

• Night
        • Sep 2012

Get a good pill cutter. 5mg fincar split to 1/4ths is the cheapest option.

Comment

• tommy079
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Lazoid
          How old are you Tommy?
          I'm 33. I'll take a picture of how I look now with better lighting and the top of my head. It's really thinning out in the top front and my hair line seems like every few months I lose a 1/2" inch. And when I see myself on video I really can tell how thin it is on top and in the back.

My dad was a bald guy...George Costanza bald. With hair on the sides and back only. I'm pretty sure that's where I'm headed. I'm all for slowing the process for 5-10 years until I can get some dumb girl to fall in love with me again

I'm currently going through a divorce so I'm gonna be back on the market here pretty soon and want my chances to be as good as they can be. So I'm losing weight fairly regularly and looking to slow/hopefully reverse this hair loss problem I'm having...otherwise I'm dead in the water.

Comment

• tommy079
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Night
            Get a good pill cutter. 5mg fincar split to 1/4ths is the cheapest option.
            Ok, but didn't Lazoid originally suggested taking .5mg for a year or 2. So 1/4's wouldn't be enough. And is cutting them into 1/4's and then again in half reasonibly doable even with a good pill cutter?

Comment

• Xandroxuser
              • Dec 2011

Thanks for the advice. I might "ride it out" for a few weeks b/c i think the itch has something to do with the MASSIVE shed im going through right now. If the shed subsides and I'm still itchy I will look at getting onto the foam.

I am using Nizrol 1% (the one with conditioner) twice a week.
              Lazoid. Do you mean Nizoral 1%? I don't know about 'the one with conditioner'. Can you tell me what it is and where you get it from? Straight Nizoral dries out the hair badly, so this sounds like a good idea.

Comment

• Lazoid
                • Sep 2012

Yeah man, I used to use the 2% nizrol but now use the 1% - the one in the blue packaging - i get it a regular pharmacy. I find it pretty much like regular shampoo/conditioner and not harsh at all.

Comment

• Lazoid
                  • Sep 2012

My dad was a bald guy...George Costanza bald. With hair on the sides and back only.
                  Same here man. If I had have kept up the meds from my mid-20s i reckon I would have pretty much a full head of hair.

Anyway - I have responded extremely well to the program previously so hopefully I can get some dignity back!!!

Comment

• Xandroxuser
                    • Dec 2011

Yeah man, I used to use the 2% nizrol but now use the 1% - the one in the blue packaging - i get it a regular pharmacy. I find it pretty much like regular shampoo/conditioner and not harsh at all.

Thank you for this.

A number of the ingredients seem to be different from the red/pink labeled Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo, McNeil products, Berkshire, UK sold at Boots in the UK, for instance.

I have not seen this commented on before. I will try it.

Comment

• Xandroxuser
                      • Dec 2011

Lazoid: This exact shampoo (Nizoral blue label with deep conditioning) is not available on ebay. I came across an Australian site which advertised it from many suppliers but they all came up 'out of stock', or not available. Can you tell me where I might get it from?

Comment

• Lazoid
                        • Sep 2012

The 1 & 2% is sold in most pharmacies in Aus and NZ I believe.

Comment

Working...