+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Looking to connect from the UK

Hi,

I am 37 years old, married with child. I live in the UK. My hair loss started at 17 (so very early). I am now bold, front and top up to the crown. For the last 7 years I have been shaving my hair daily. I have kind of got used to my boldness. However, recently (last few weeks) I decided to look into hair transplants all of the sudden, as I was going through some changes, and hair transplant seemed like a good idea, I had not thought about it for the last 10+ years. I did think about it when I first started going bold, but the options were limited then and so were my finances. I now feel it would be nice to have hair if I could. So here I am on the forum looking to connect with people to find out more and learn.

Thanks.

Hi Thinkingaboutit,

If you are in the UK and considering hair transplant surgery, you should at the very least contact hair loss veteran Spex and have a talk with him. I would strongly recommend that as he is one of the most well informed experts in the industry and you will see that if you read any of the major forums or do a search on him.

He helped me which I am personally very grateful for when I needed my hair repaired from two poor surgeries in the Uk and has helped not just a lot of Uk guys, but many potential hair transplant patients all around the world.

You could mail him on here or on his website http://spexhair.com

Hi, thanks, I will contact him and leave my options open. I have seen him on the discussions on this forum.

@chrisdav,

Since spencer helped you get your hair transplant, would you mind telling me where you got your hair transplant done, what type of procedure it was, and roughly how much it cost. I would really appreciate it.

I had two small procedures one fue and one fut(strip) before I travelled to Dr Feller in New York on October to repair my hairline work via strip again.

I paid for 1250 grafts but actually received 1900 at no extra cost which is a saving of around £1500. Cost will depend on how many grafts you have and what procedure you have performed. Ultimately, that will depend on how extensive your hair loss is. Not every one is a candidate for hair restoration and that depends on if you have a good sized, healthy donor supply.

A lot of Uk patients travel to him as he is one of the leading hair restoration surgeons in the industry and if you research thoroughly, he will definitely be one of a small list of surgeons that you would consider. If we had surgeons like that in the Uk, I would have gone to them but we don't unfortunately and the Uk in general has a poor reputation for hair restoration clinics.

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. I am very surprised that as a developed country we don't have descent hair restoration clinics.

Thinkingaboutit, that is exactly the same as what I thought and still think.

@OP... what Norwood scale are you?

I know I knock his claims of unlimited donor on some threads - but i'd also look into Dr Gho, a short trip to Holland which is a stones throw from London tbh.

Guys, thanks for your replies.

@UK_ I just Google Norwood Scale, based on the link below, http://www.americanhairloss.org/men_...wood_scale.asp , I am probably 5A, probably a bit wider bold on top. No front hair (well hardly) but I have few or thining hair between the crown spot (where again I am bold) and the front. I have met 2 consultants and they have both said I will need between 3,000-4,000 grafts. So probably around the 3,250 mark.

How about u try the big 3 before getting a ht?