+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lazoid View Post
    How about u try the big 3 before getting a ht?
    From what I understand, those treatments don't grow hair, they help you keep it. Whereas I have lost most of mine. So how would it help me?

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...atient-photos/

Check some of the pics - maybe worth doing a 18 month cycle man

Quote Originally Posted by Lazoid View Post
    http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...atient-photos/

Check some of the pics - maybe worth doing a 18 month cycle man
    I am willing to give it a try. Can you send me links of where I can buy the "big 3" online.

Just go to any pharmacy and/or store and buy some Minoxidil (Rogaine/Regaine) and some Nizoral shampoo. Then get a prescription from your Doctor for Propecia or Proscar (Cheaper in the long haul to get Proscar and cut into fourths). You can also get Finasteride from online pharmacies but not sure about the quality.

^ what he said.

Keep up the regime for at least 12 months and take pics!!!

I had never seen that on Dr Bernstein's website but it does demonstrate that the non surgical treatments can be very beneficial not just for slowing down or halting but for regrowth to.

The more native hair you keep through non surgical treatment, it will allow you to cover less surface area with the donor supply you do have and theoretically, you will obtain a more aesthetically pleasing result than if you don't use any at all.

I cannot pass comment on any of the other online suppliers of the big 3 but I get my finasteride from ukfinasteride.info and have done for a long while. The service is excellent with fast delivery, good pricing and I am aware a lot of guys over different forums use the service who all seem to be complimentary.

I wouldn't purchase it directly from a hair restoration clinic as they will charge a premium(some more so than others) as I used to pay that previously.

Regarding Minoxidil and nizoral, I don't personally take either of these but I may take them in future and the 2 or 3 in conjunction will be of most benefit to helping you fight hair loss.

If I do decide to use them, I will likely get mine from Spex website as I know he states he gets his medication from the links he lists.

Hi Guys,

Since a lot of you know more than me about hair loss, I am not going to insult your intelligence and I assume you've read up on the side effect of Finasteride: http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/pros...GFP19QC3CDB54V

I would love to hear your thoughts and if any of you feel there has been any side effects for you?

Thinkingaboutit, there are different threads on here regarding that topic and other forums which you can read.

It is important to do your research.

It is just something you are going to have to research and consider if your hair is worth doing the treatment. I personally don't take Finasteride...yet; but have weighed the pros and the cons and did decide to try it only IF what I am doing right now doesn't work.

Most info says side-effect occurrences are roughly in 2% of men so the only way to know for sure is to try it for a few weeks and see if you have an onset.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Guys, thanks for your replies.

@UK_ I just Google Norwood Scale, based on the link below, http://www.americanhairloss.org/men_...wood_scale.asp , I am probably 5A, probably a bit wider bold on top. No front hair (well hardly) but I have few or thining hair between the crown spot (where again I am bold) and the front. I have met 2 consultants and they have both said I will need between 3,000-4,000 grafts. So probably around the 3,250 mark.
    Its good news that they're willing to take you on - with a good HT and some toppik you might look 18 again.

In all honesty over the past 30 years the price of HT's has fallen dramatically and the quality has simply exploded compared to what they were doing back in the 80's.

Speak to your doctor obviously but personally I wouldnt take Finasteride. If you are a NW5 (like I am) there is no point - the rate of regrowth compared to the potential for limp dick doesnt make it a sensible choice, Finasteride is for maintaining hair that you have - even then its not worth it - I dont trust Mercks 2% studies - hair loss will be a minor worry when you encounter the dreaded DHT post-fin crash.