Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Delphi,

I believe since I had the HIS service I am actually better able to give insight on the validity of the service.

Its been a year and a half since I had this cutting edge out of the box solution and although I respect others who prefer or choose hair transplants...I certainly respect their decision.

I can without a shadow of a doubt tell you that this clean crisp short look is excellent and as a 53 year old professional no one has ever questioned this look as anything other than the style I chose to have.

I would ask for the same respect in my choices as you would in yours.

See it in person and then decide for yourself.

Its stunning in its ability to convey a totally natural short clean look.

I hope this helps those who are willing to investigate the HIS process.

For those that prefer hair transplants I totally understand that path and respect it.

I did not want after meeting with three well renouned doctors in Long Island and NYC and NJ...(less than renounced for the NJ doctor) I did not want to have the anticipated 3 treatments at 12 to 15 grand a pop...over a three year period of time to create a natural hair line etc..

That might tell you how much hair I was needing to have transplanted etc...I was a norwood 5 to 6...and thats what the wonderful and honest two hairtransplant doctors I met with recommended to me..(the guy in NJ was not recommended on this forum when I first joined and did my research.

I am grateful for the recommendations of various hair transplant doctors and although I didn't go that route. I respect them dearly.

I will suggest that this HIS treatment is very evolved in how natural it looks and thats from my personal experiences.

Is it a full flowing locks of hair? No...its not intended to be...but for the type of look its really great. PS. I never thought I'd be handsome with this look but it seems the girls tell me I am..LOL

Also originally I thought I would do the HIS service and if over time I wasn't happy and the doctors were successful at cloning I would just do the cloning over the HIS service.

The HIS MHT has been such a big win....I'll never bother with the cloning hair transplant when it eventually becomes available...

I say that so you guys know its normal to be nervous when consider relatively out of the box solutions..

I hope this helps.. Sorry for the long post.

I'm just trying to offer guys an alternative to consider which worked great for me personally...

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    It's a head tattoo. That's all that needs to be said.
    And tattoos can be made to look life like.

You sound very happy about your tattoo JonB., but it does seem a bit odd just how many times you mention "HIS" in your posts. Do you get discounted head tattoos or something? To me tattooing your entire head seems like a disaster waiting to happen. To each their own I guess. I'm not hating, I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    The permanent thing is why I have always been so against SMP in the past. If they screw up, it’s yours for life and I do believe the ink will eventually turn blue or green. I also don’t see how anyone could say that those results look more natural??? Some of those hairlines are ridiculous.
    Honestly for the most part I would have had no idea that majority of those patients had SMP.

It actually makes a less dense FUE through the whole scalp combined with SMP a good option if your happy keeping it short.

I've noticed there are some places that guarantee no blues, greens or smudging as well.

I think this is something that requires you to keep looking in the mirror and trying to convince yourself it looks good. Personally I would never do this as I think it looks bizarre but if it works for others more power to them.

Well said. Personally all these guys looked just fine with a short/shaved head. Interesting to see what happens as they Grey. scary thought. Another reason to go Trico if you are dead set on SMP.

The thing with this is it looks like out of choice you like the grade 0 look......which IMO is a look that tough guys, gangsters go for.....I am not sure that is the impression I would want to give off.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't always the case some of the guys in vids I have seen do look good with this done, for example this French dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYNgVSqPiAY

I think it works well on the right face, I think it works best on eastern european looking and dark skinned guys.

On Caucasian guys it does not look good IMO but if you want to look like a skinhead, gangster dude then go for it.

how does it look up close, on a sunny day?

the issue I have with HIS is tht hairlines look a bit harsh, too straight and perfect, in most cases anyway.

what happens when hair turns grey on the sides and back

Anyone know if SMP fade or change colour in the long run 10+ years? I think it looks much better than a shinny crown and front.