+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Upcoming - C2G w/ Dr. Cole

My HT appointment is finally coming up in two weeks! Please wish me luck guys!

- 42 yrs old
    - Norwood 3A
    - Unshaven C2G/FUE with Dr. Cole
    - ~2000 Grafts planned + PRP + ACell
    - Loss is mostly in the frontal 3rd
    - This would be my first transplant

Going at it all alone. Going to stay in Atlanta 10 days post-op & plan to be back with the family on day 10 & at work on day 18.

I would like this to be reasonably undetectable on day 18 @ work! I have light to medium brown skin & black hair and so am hoping any redness will be less visible....still...is this too optimistic? Should I plan to take another week off from work?

Your thoughts please!

Your in the best of hands HandG. My hair was way to short to go with the C2G method. Post some photo's if your comfortable and keep us posted with your progress.

Your scalps still going to be a little red but with some concealer, you might be ok. having brown skin is definately going to help. Are you trying to leave your frontal hair long or will you be shaving?

Good luck!

Thanks northeastguy!

Will not be shaving the front. The C2G is an unshaven procedure (both recipient & donor areas) and I am hoping my existing hairs + brown skin would provide enough camouflage in two weeks!

Hey hairG I went to Cole in March for the unshaven. I got 1450 in frontal with prp and Acell. I hope all goes well. send me a pm if you have any questions. I have had alot done previous by Bosely and another Dr in memphis. I have spent many hours searching for for a good Dr to do repair work and Cole has been very kind.

Hey I've been trying to figure out if I should go to Cole or not... Could you post some pre-op/post-op pics if possible?

...And if you don't mind, I know some people may, how much was the whole procedure?

Any updates here?

Quote Originally Posted by hairG View Post
    I have light to medium brown skin & black hair
    Your thoughts please!
    I also have light to medium brown skin. Hope you talked about the impact of hypo with Dr. Cole. I had 1,250 FUE to my front hairline with a 0.95mm punch. I have significant white dotting in my donor region, which is easily detectable at a low grade (#1). I also have hypo in my recipient area, which is what really bothers me. It's right on the front of my hairline and resembles white smearing as opposed to dotting. That's one downside to having darker skin. White areas are much more obvious !! Hypo in the recipient area is not something i was told about by my HT surgeon, but it's my fault for going into the surgery without enough research. Most of the information about hair transplants is based on white Caucasian males.

Good luck with the growth !!

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

I wish you the BEST 'HairG' !!! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I also have light to medium brown skin. Hope you talked about the impact of hypo with Dr. Cole. I had 1,250 FUE to my front hairline with a 0.95mm punch. I have significant white dotting in my donor region, which is easily detectable at a low grade (#1). I also have hypo in my recipient area, which is what really bothers me. It's right on the front of my hairline and resembles white smearing as opposed to dotting. That's one downside to having darker skin. White areas are much more obvious !! Hypo in the recipient area is not something i was told about by my HT surgeon, but it's my fault for going into the surgery without enough research. Most of the information about hair transplants is based on white Caucasian males.

Good luck with the growth !!
    Hey Folly...... Unfortunately darker skin shows the dotting more than lighter skin. Sorry this happened to you. This obviously makes sense. How short do you cut your hair? I have seen some fantastic results with guys who have helped this problem using Micropigmentation in the dots to help blend with the surrounding hair.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    How short do you cut your hair? I have seen some fantastic results with guys who have helped this problem using Micropigmentation in the dots to help blend with the surrounding hair.
    Hey NEG. I don't cut my hair short at the back. It's about a #6 guard. I took the bottom section of my donor region down to a #1 once and asked the hairdresser if he could see any dots, to which he replied 'oh yes'. Jotronic also took a pic of my dots on his iphone and they seemed huge (awesome guy by the way). It's the recipient site that's the bigger problem. The very front of my hairline has white smears all over, so i can't wear my hair up at the front. Not that i currently have the option, as i had f#ck all growth from my FUE procedure, but 'if' i ever have another transplant and get good growth, i'm wondering if i'll ever be able to wear my hair up. Yes, it's really that bad. There's definitely no way i could wear it up in summer when i'm slightly tanned, that's for sure.

So after one FUE transplant where i had shit growth, i can't wear my hair up at the front hairline and can't cut my hair short in the donor region. They don't mention this stuff to you at the pre-op consultation.

Luckily, i was still a strong NW2 before my HT and i'm still an NW2 now, so i'll be ok for another few years. Think i'll opt for a hairpiece when i lose more hair. Can't go through another ordeal like that again. Lost faith in hair transplants to be honest.

Sorry for the winging !! Hope your repair is going well bro.