+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member Davey Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    347

    Default There Are No Bald Models

    I come to the BaldTruthTalk now, as many do, for help. My hairloss has finally driven me entirely insane. Not just depressed insane, either. I have lost touch with reality and can no longer tell what is actually there and what is just a figment of my imagination.

    See, I know FOR A FACT, that there is no such thing as a bald model. No one would ever want to look at a bald person (even on accident), so they certainly would never pay to look at one. If you need any proof of this fact, just read around the forums. You'll see that, definitely, there can be no such thing as a bald model. But here's the crazy part: I was just looking at this fitness website, and I keep imagining I see a bald model on there!



    I'm not even sure why I'm posting that, because if your brain is working correctly, you'll see a full head of hair. But just so you know how bad I've snapped, I see a bald model there. Gross, I know. Next thing you know, I'll be seeing famous bald actors, musicians, and politicians.

    So my question is, obviously, can anyone recommend a good psychiatrist?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Do you want to be a model then?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Davey Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Fitness model != Model
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I come to the BaldTruthTalk now, as many do, for help. My hairloss has finally driven me entirely insane. Not just depressed insane, either. I have lost touch with reality and can no longer tell what is actually there and what is just a figment of my imagination.

    See, I know FOR A FACT, that there is no such thing as a bald model. No one would ever want to look at a bald person (even on accident), so they certainly would never pay to look at one. If you need any proof of this fact, just read around the forums. You'll see that, definitely, there can be no such thing as a bald model. But here's the crazy part: I was just looking at this fitness website, and I keep imagining I see a bald model on

    I'm not even sure why I'm posting that, because if your brain is working correctly, you'll see a full head of hair. But just so you know how bad I've snapped, I see a bald model there. Gross, I know. Next thing you know, I'll be seeing famous bald actors, musicians, and politicians.

    So my question is, obviously, can anyone recommend a good psychiatrist?

    Thanks in advance.
    Dude, have you not seen the model for Kalvin&Klein? I'm not gay, but that man is attractive.

    As for a psychiatrist, just go to your clinic or talk to your supervisor at work. Your supervisor will be obligated to give yoy time off of work and have you evaluated. Your regular doctor can also get you taken care of and give you a referral. Bon chance.

    Issho
    Last edited by IsshoNi; 09-11-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Adding information.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Davey Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    You must be new to the whole pseudo-intellectual Internet thing of linking logical fallacies.

    This may shock you, but a fitness model has a completely different set of requirements than a normal fashion model does. There are even bodybuilding categories just for this kind of fitness modelling.
    Sorry, I didn't realize it was a thing; this is the only forum I peruse. There's too many people like you on most'a those things. And I didn't realize that just because other people do it means that it's pseudo-anything anyway. How about this instead:

    In my opinion, runway models != models. They are typically not actually all that good looking and are picked mostly just because they are symmetrical and don't distract from the clothes. The only people who think they're good looking are the gay men that run the fashion industry and people that are easy to brainwash. Fitness models, on the other hand, tend to have to have a perfect body and an a handsome face so as to not ruin the "whole package." This guy is a good looking bald guy who is, by simple definition of the word (whether you like it or not), modeling for something.

    No true model just looks good as a clothes hanger.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Davey Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    But... most Europeans suffer from some form of hairloss. So how could that be? Interesting...
    Could it be that you're exaggerating when you say "all bald people = ugly"?

    But I am curious, what is it that you think the prevalence of European balding implies? "Interesting" usually just means you think a topic is interesting. "Interesting..." almost always means you have a guess.

    Assuming all bald people are, inherently, ugly (which I won't give you, but let's assume), why do you suppose it allowed for balding people to propagate so extensively? Sounds like you have a theory. I'm sure it's insane, but I'm sure you want to tell us anyway. So what'cha thinkin', man?

    (Assuming I'm right that you do have a guess, that is.)

  7. #7
    Member LPSboxing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Anyway, that bald guy is ugly. Bald always = ugly.
    That's not correct. You can't make generalizations like this. Your world is always so black or white uh?

    Handsome facial features + some degree of hair loss = still handsome and attractive to most women but loses some points on the attractiveness scale.

    Highlander, since you have a fixation on male models, this guy was/is considered one of the best male models alive



    but, average looking / ugly guys + advanced hairloss = screwed on the look department

  8. #8
    Member LPSboxing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Oh and Davey, it's kinda surprising to read you had a mental breakdown.

    You sound like one of the most emotionally stable people of this board.

    Just stay strong ok? we have better times ahead.


    By the way, bodybuilding models have usually below-average facial attractiveness.

    But they are there for male internet surfers to envy that build and buy all the shitty supplements they are trying to sell, not to be actually attractive.

    LOL @ people thinking bodybuilding type of proportions is attractive to most females.

    females would go for the lean - toned guys with cute face over a bodybuilder anyday. Like a Jude Law, for example.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Davey Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The High Seas
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I didn't have a mental breakdown. I was trying to be sarcastic, but I guess it didn't work. I just like to share bald related things when I see them. (For instance, I've been meaning to post some passages out of some books I've been reading. Did you know that Isaac Asimov was fairly anti-bald? Or, at least, that's my theory.)

    I should have known though that any bald model I posted would face the whole "that one doesn't count" thing. You just wait, the guy you posted will too. He hits the classic "black guys don't count" category. People have all these excuses that really just amount to "all bald guys are ugly because the attractive ones don't count." They'd never admit that that's all they're doing though.

    I guess my guy is a little bigger than a typical fitness model. Essentially a body builder, though small by professional standards. I'd say a sort of grey area. There's not really any point of me finding someone who is bald, handsome, and more neatly fit into the "fitness model" category though. For some reason without fail, he won't count.

  10. #10
    Member LPSboxing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I didn't have a mental breakdown. I was trying to be sarcastic, but I guess it didn't work. I just like to share bald related things when I see them. (For instance, I've been meaning to post some passages out of some books I've been reading. Did you know that Isaac Asimov was fairly anti-bald? Or, at least, that's my theory.)

    I should have known though that any bald model I posted would face the whole "that one doesn't count" thing. You just wait, the guy you posted will too. He hits the classic "black guys don't count" category. People have all these excuses that really just amount to "all bald guys are ugly because the attractive ones don't count." They'd never admit that that's all they're doing though.

    I guess my guy is a little bigger than a typical fitness model. Essentially a body builder, though small by professional standards. I'd say a sort of grey area. There's not really any point of me finding someone who is bald, handsome, and more neatly fit into the "fitness model" category though. For some reason without fail, he won't count.
    ahahaha yeah you spot on. Wait till someone pulls out the "he's black" card, expecially from a specific user.


    You did a pretty good job at faking the breakdown though. But, for the next time, remember that a real one would never admit his own instability and ask for help.

    You have to study some old Scorpion's posts for the next time

Similar Threads

  1. If Jason Statham is banging Victorias Secret models...
    By ravegrover in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 05:16 PM
  2. Going bald, being bald, thinking bald!
    By andyroberto in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
  3. My photos. I am 36 years old and bald, bald, bald. :(
    By Red20 in forum Hair Transplant Veterans
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 06:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Fue hair transplant
11-22-2010 05:31 AM
by whoops
Last Post By nhtdelhi
Today 05:43 AM
FUT in Malaga with Dr Casqero Vinci Clinic
Today 05:36 AM
by Gfunk
Last Post By Gfunk
Today 05:36 AM
Where to go UK?
09-25-2016 12:54 PM
Last Post By Spex
Today 03:56 AM
24 but bigheaded from birth. Has it receded more?
Today 02:01 AM
by Ktt
Last Post By Dfaru94
Today 03:12 AM
Hair Transplant Down Time
Today 02:16 AM
by Spex
Last Post By Spex
Today 02:16 AM
Hello Everyone. I need some honest opinions
Yesterday 11:03 PM
Last Post By CorinWright
Yesterday 11:03 PM