+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Gosh, they're really expensive, this is out of my budget at the moment but thanks for the reply Tracy.
    They are expensive. They cost a little less now than they did when my sister and I bought ours, but I do feel Lexington should come down more on the price. There are clones available, but the clones do not have FDA clearance and I do not know first hand if the clones work or not.

P.S. Notice that I corrected my name when I quoted you?..

I believe propecia can work for diffuse thinning- I've seen examples of this.

Diffuse thinning being where the hair on top thins evenly and the 'horseshoe' area is unaffected.

This is a variant of MPB.

If it thins everywhere including the donor area there may be something else at play other than MPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    They are expensive. They cost a little less now than they did when my sister and I bought ours, but I do feel Lexington should come down more on the price. There are clones available, but the clones do not have FDA clearance and I do not know first hand if the clones work or not.

P.S. Notice that I corrected my name when I quoted you?..
    OHH wow, I apologize Tracy, It won't happen again.

I'll take a look at Lexington and check out the reviews. If anything, I'll just save up for the FDA approve laser comb. Thanks again Tracy.

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    I believe propecia can work for diffuse thinning- I've seen examples of this.
    I am not saying it won't. I am saying a doctor needs to make that recommendation. Diffuse thinning can be MPB, but it can also be something else that is not MPB. The two proven FDA approved medications are for those who have MPB. Without a defined pattern, you do not know if it is MPB or not. If you do not know for sure that it is MPB, neither Rogaine or Propecia are appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    OHH wow, I apologize Tracy, It won't happen again.
    I forgive you. You are not the only one so I thank you for trying to get it right.

One of the members here mentioned an 8-laser clone called the "energy comb" that was a lot less expensive. I can't find it anymore through google but it did look like it should work at least as well as the 7-laser Hairmax.

One of the members here mentioned an 8-laser clone called the "energy comb" that was a lot less expensive. I can't find it anymore through google but it did look like it should work at least as well as the 7-laser Hairmax.
    I'll research more about laser combs but If I end up buying one it will be the 7-lazer hairmax. Thank you Tracy, your a great asset to this forum, much appreciated.

Show pictures so that we can actually tell if you're balding or maybe just have fine hair or something?

either way I dont see why minoxidil or Fin is a bad reccomendation, fin barring you dont have side effects will at least slow the loss.

my understanding is that rogaine makes your native hair thicker, so i don't see why it will not work for diffuse cases.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    either way I dont see why minoxidil or Fin is a bad reccomendation...
    Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    ...so i don't see why it will not work for diffuse cases.
    You are both missing the point somehow. I don't understand how you are missing the point but you are. I did not say it wouldn't work. I said it is not appropriate for those who do not have thinning in their vertex and/or mid-anterior. Using any medication that is not appropriate for your indications is never a good idea. A doctor needs to examine this person to determine if he does have MPB or not.

You are both missing the point somehow. I don't understand how you are missing the point but you are. I did not say it wouldn't work. I said it is not appropriate for those who do not have thinning in their vertex and/or mid-anterior. Using any medication that is not appropriate for your indications is never a good idea. A doctor needs to examine this person to determine if he does have MPB or not.
    Actually what he said is that he has thinning all over his hair, which means that vertex and mid-anterior are included, no ?