I Need A Hair Loss Veteran - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Cool I Need A Hair Loss Veteran

    So, I just turned 20 and I've really been noticing how thin my hair is. It's thin to the point that you can see my scalp all over. It really bothers me. I have a NW1 hairline, hasn't really receded at all, but the hair is paper-thin all over. It's been like that since high-school, but I've never really paid attention to it, or cared until now. My question for the hair loss veterans is, HOW DO I THICKEN MY HAIR? I'd like to use natural products primarily. Obviously, through research I've read up on finasteride and I can confidently say... there is no way in hell I'm ever trying it. When you weigh the pros and cons, it just is not worth it, in my opinion. I'm going to give minoxydil a try, but is there anything additional that others in the early stages have found fruitful? I don't expect immediate results, I'm aware of the time it takes. Does anybody have any good suggestions backed up by results? Having thin hair sucks. Other than shaving it (which I recently did), there seems to be no way to make it look good. It's just too obvious. Lame

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Sounds like you're a diffuse thinner. Finasteride is your best bet, yet has the potential for sexual sides. Minoxidil alone won't do much, you need something to arrest hair loss before considering regrowth.

    Perhaps, if unwilling to try fin, go with RU or a topical sitosterol-based DHT inhibitor.

    Cheers.

    edit: ps, 'naturals' won't get you far.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Sounds like you're a diffuse thinner. Finasteride is your best bet, yet has the potential for sexual sides. Minoxidil alone won't do much, you need something to arrest hair loss before considering regrowth.

    Perhaps, if unwilling to try fin, go with RU or a topical sitosterol-based DHT inhibitor.

    Cheers.

    edit: ps, 'naturals' won't get you far.
    Hmmm, interesting. What is RU? I've heard of it before, but haven't researched it. Yeah, I've come to realize that naturals won't get me very far, considering I've tried a few

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Picked1st4Kickball View Post
    My question for the hair loss veterans is, HOW DO I THICKEN MY HAIR? I'd like to use natural products primarily.
    There is no compelling evidence that any "natural" hair loss treatment actually does anyone any good.

    Neither Propecia (Finasteride) or Rogaine (Minoxidil) are appropriate for your specific hair loss situation. If you are diffuse thinner, you might want to think about giving the laser comb a try. The laser comb increases the caliber of the hair that you have. It increases the strength of the hair that you have. It improves the quality of the hair that you have. And it makes your hair grow faster. All these things combined are very helpful for a diffuse thinner.

    It would be a good idea for you to replace your shampoo and conditioner with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. It would also be a good idea to use Nizoral A-D shampoo once or twice a week.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Neither Propecia (Finasteride) or Rogaine (Minoxidil) are appropriate for your specific hair loss situation.
    Huh? Doesn't both fin and rogaine work best for diffuse thinners?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I would think that fin would be a good option for diffuse thinner's.

    Natural doesn't always (not just in relation to hair) = good or safe, example botulism.

    I was shit scared and on the fence for over a year on using fin. After careful study, consulting with many people (doctor's included) I decided to give it a go, but at a low dose, half the recommended amount and have experienced no side effects. We are all different and one size fits all is my belief, so I tried a lower dosage. My sex drive has in fact increased and I have noted stronger hair.

    If you don't want to use any drug therapy, then I would recommend concealers like toppik. This won't solve the problem, but your hair will look thicker and you will buy yourself some time. There is so much on the horizon with respect to new therapies for hair loss, so maybe buying time would be a good alternative for you.

  7. #7
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There is no compelling evidence that any "natural" hair loss treatment actually does anyone any good.

    Neither Propecia (Finasteride) or Rogaine (Minoxidil) are appropriate for your specific hair loss situation. If you are diffuse thinner, you might want to think about giving the laser comb a try. The laser comb increases the caliber of the hair that you have. It increases the strength of the hair that you have. It improves the quality of the hair that you have. And it makes your hair grow faster. All these things combined are very helpful for a diffuse thinner.

    It would be a good idea for you to replace your shampoo and conditioner with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. It would also be a good idea to use Nizoral A-D shampoo once or twice a week.
    which laser comb do you use Stacy?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MinorSixth View Post
    Huh? Doesn't both fin and rogaine work best for diffuse thinners?
    Both Rogaine (Minoxidil) and Propecia (Finasteride) are appropriate for those who have thinning in their vertex and/or mid-anterior areas. Both Rogaine and Propecia work best for those who have thinning in their vertex and/or mid-anterior areas. Neither are appropriate for those who do not have thinning in their vertex and/or mid-anterior areas. If he has general over all thinning, he needs to see a qualified doctor for advise. The doctor may recommend Rogaine and Finasteride if the doctor feels it would help him.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    which laser comb do you use Tracy?
    My sister and I have and use the old original 9-laser Hairmax laser comb premium. This model is no longer available brand new and has been replaced by the 9-laser cordless "Lux-9" model. Our sister-in-law uses the battery operated 7-laser model. Our sister-in-law doesn't actually have FPB though, she uses it because she went through chemo for breast cancer. Though she did not lose all her hair, it did thin out a lot. She was able to thicken it up quite a bit user her laser comb. Now, six months later, you can't even tell her hair had thinned out.

  10. #10
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    My sister and I have and use the old original 9-laser Hairmax laser comb premium. This model is no longer available brand new and has been replaced by the 9-laser cordless "Lux-9" model. Our sister-in-law uses the battery operated 7-laser model. Our sister-in-law doesn't actually have FPB though, she uses it because she went through chemo for breast cancer. Though she did not lose all her hair, it did thin out a lot. She was able to thicken it up quite a bit user her laser comb. Now, six months later, you can't even tell her hair had thinned out.
    Gosh, they're really expensive, this is out of my budget at the moment but thanks for the reply Stacy.

Similar Threads

  1. Dealing With Hair Loss and My Concerns For The Future | Mike?s Hair Loss Story
    By tbtadmin in forum The Bald Truth: Show Archives
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2020, 06:45 AM
  2. From a veteran Baldie - Good Advice
    By andyroberto in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 11:17 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 04:20 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Cenforce 100 : ED Tablet For Men
05-07-2021 04:25 AM
Last Post By david kane
Yesterday 08:43 AM
Fildena Piils | Sildenafil Citrate | Fildena.us
Yesterday 04:17 AM
Last Post By fildenaus
Yesterday 04:17 AM
We're LIVE! The Bald Truth
07-23-2021 03:18 PM
Last Post By JoeTillman
07-23-2021 03:18 PM
I see bald people...
07-19-2018 02:06 PM
Last Post By scarremorse
07-23-2021 10:02 AM
Scar Grafting with Dr Cole
06-21-2012 02:00 PM
Last Post By scarremorse
07-23-2021 08:31 AM