+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Some great advice I got

Earlier when I had posted, I received some great advice from another member, and I truly forget who that member was...

But here is the advice:

"Do not decide to get a hair transplant until you are at least 30 years of age"

I thought over this, and I think it's wonderful advice, because by 30, maybe your priorities will change, maybe you'll come to accept the hair loss, or maybe maturity will just make you feel like you are one of the many millions worldwide with hairloss.

I didn't realize I was losing my hair until I was 31.5 because prior to that, I really just never noticed it was getting thin. I mentioned in my intro post that I can tell from pics that I've been losing it slowly over the course of what is now probably 4.5 years.

I think it all depends on when and how long it takes and to what extent as well as life goings on. I've never had a long term girl and I'm starting to want one

Its been almost a year now for me...hair seems to be thinner, but I'm also not getting it cut quite as short anymore so the thinness will be more obvious. I think that might have been a mistake - I was paranoid and wanted it kept a bit longer to cover it up, but I kind of lulz feel bad about having switched to a stylist and now feel like going back to the barber. Asking a stylist to just cut it really short just seems dumb. The idea behind a stylist is, well, to style. If theres not much to style after the cut why go to one?

I'm thinking of holding out until spring next year and then going for broke and getting it buzzed real close and seeing how she feels and looks.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Earlier when I had posted, I received some great advice from another member, and I truly forget who that member was...

But here is the advice:

"Do not decide to get a hair transplant until you are at least 30 years of age"

I thought over this, and I think it's wonderful advice, because by 30, maybe your priorities will change, maybe you'll come to accept the hair loss, or maybe maturity will just make you feel like you are one of the many millions worldwide with hairloss.
    Not sure how old you are but there will also be better alternatives by the time you're 30.

we're in an age where baldness is getting researched by many, it's being understood much more and the reversal/cure is on the horizon.

I agree, and I'm waiting for the Brimotprost treatment to come out, or some sort of topical to reverse hairloss, if possible.

I agree, and I'm waiting for the Brimotprost treatment to come out, or some sort of topical to reverse hairloss, if possible.
    Well I agree in waiting but only if you're on fin, otherwise your hair will go to shit. If I had the cash I would probably go for the HT, but that's just me.

Highlander, perhaps you are correct. I feel so depressed bout my hairloss....perhaps, like you say, I SHOULD get a hair transplant. I'm just so scared of the white dot scars from FUE....

Highlander, perhaps you are correct. I feel so depressed bout my hairloss....perhaps, like you say, I SHOULD get a hair transplant. I'm just so scared of the white dot scars from FUE....
    I believe you can get a 'test' session with FUE, where they try and transplant a few grafts to see how your body reacts to it. It'd mean you'd have to pay more, but it might be worth it if you're really worried.

Thank you BGP and Highlander for your comments....Yes a test sounds good, and also, I feel that since my skin is brown(it'll show up more)...plus I don't have super donor hair....

So, just confused...

Highlander’s advice is completely irresponsible and irrational as usual. All you have to do is read some of his rants to see that he’s not wrapped too tight so please take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Most level headed and experienced hair loss veterans on this forum would say that the original advice that you were given is extremely reasonable. When you are in your early or mid twenties, rational thinking can sometimes go out the window in hopes of finding a quick fix to whatever ails us. There are thousands of men who regret having hair transplants early in their hair loss process for various reasons and many will say that they were too immature at the time to deal with the entire process, and it only caused them more pain in the end. Once you reach a certain age your thought process changes. If you’re still concerned about your hair loss in your later twenties or early thirties then hair transplantation will still be an option for you, but rushing into it because you think that you won’t have a productive happy life without having a hair transplant is something you might regret in the future.

Thank you BGP and Highlander for your comments....Yes a test sounds good, and also, I feel that since my skin is brown(it'll show up more)...plus I don't have super donor hair....

So, just confused...

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Highlander’s advice is completely irresponsible and irrational as usual. All you have to do is read some of his rants to see that he’s not wrapped too tight so please take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Most level headed and experienced hair loss veterans on this forum would say that the original advice that you were given is extremely reasonable. When you are in your early or mid twenties, rational thinking can sometimes go out the window in hopes of finding a quick fix to whatever ails us. There are thousands of men who regret having hair transplants early in their hair loss process for various reasons and many will say that they were too immature at the time to deal with the entire process, and it only caused them more pain in the end. Once you reach a certain age your thought process changes. If you’re still concerned about your hair loss in your later twenties or early thirties then hair transplantation will still be an option for you, but rushing into it because you think that you won’t have a productive happy life without having a hair transplant is something you might regret in the future.
    Thank you Amadeus for your advice...I will admit, I am confused because I would like more hair on top, but your note on HT regret is a very important one indeed.