+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

*******user i am using genhairs products right now

My concern is i want to make sure they are real and not fake

They did ship on time and e mail me etc... But the products themselves how do we know they are real lke dr lees?

I have their minox 15%

Thumbs down

after 7 or 8 years and thousnads and thousands of dollars on dr lees products he should not leave me hanging in the cold liek this wtf he could have at least advised me what to do next????????????????????????? Like he always did in the past e mails. This is so wrong. I am furious.

WHat makes me more furious is how pathetic and passive his other paitents are they just sit there like a bunch of ducks and let themsleves loose all their hair and probably cry in the dark about it. He probably has a million customers.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeplease View Post
    i live in canada

is their products outside the usa still real?
    I do not know if these products are real. Being female there is absolutely no way I would use any blend higher than 5%.

If I remember correctly, another member from Canada told me that Canada is even more strict about Minoxidil than the US. You need to go through your doctor to get 5% Minoxidil in Canada. If nothing else, talk to your doctor about how you can secure a steady supply of high blend Minoxidil.

Your supply chain of these high percentage questionable blends will never be stable. Higher blends increase your chances of experiencing the possible negative side effects of Minoxidil. That is why you need to get them through a doctor. That is why the US FDA shut down Dr. Lee and other suppliers of high percentage blends. Your best chances of securing a reliable supply of high blend Minoxidil is to go through your doctor.

I have been using sprio %5 the past week i bought just to add in as a dht blocker.
    BTW, If I were male there is no way I even touch Spiro in any form.

To Helpmeplease

I agree with Tracy that ideally you should go through an appropriately qualified Doctor with integrity. But where do we find such people who will 'prescribe' 15% minox - outside (or even inside) expensive private hair loss clinics?

Dr Richard Lee built up a large client base because he was always there with what seemed like 'evidence based' reasons for his views and had products that worked for many people. Also, he rarely - if ever - committed himself to obviously unjustifiable claims. Most especially he was mindful of side effects and did not shirk from advising against the use of his products if they were causing unacceptable side effects.

However, having said that, in my view, there is a particular doubt as to whether his claims for 'azeliac acid' were warranted, except cosmetically.

On 15% minox, there are problems of how much is actually getting absorbed and how 'successful' the compounding is. Without extensive quality control and research, it seems we are taking pot luck on this.

There is considerable evidence that 'the big three' is the best way forward for most people. But having been advised by Richard Lee to go with 15%, and being fearful of what will happen if you suddenly reduce to 5%, all I can say is that the least risky way forward may be to go with a supplier of 15% who will supply to your country and that you have the most confidence in.

I hope this helps and it would be helpful to many of us to know how you get on with genhair 15% if you decide to stick with it.

I have no real evidence to say this, but many argue for a tapered reduction if you plan to go over to 5%. Also, again, I have no real evidence for this but it seems sensible to mix on alternative applications what you have left of Lee's with what you are replacing it with.

Finally, remember what people say about the 'big four' - with patience being the 4th. As Tracy often reiterates best keep up the regime for a year for the best assessment. Certainly, wait 4-6 months before formulating a view.

I hope this helps.

we dont have that much time to kill my hair

and i dont have any dr lees products left unless u want to give me some of yours? sell me some?

i could care less about side effects as long as it doesnt kill me

Sorry, I don't have any left either. There was another whole debate on the minoxidil.solutions products that took over when Dr Lee went down. The consensus seemed to be that initially they were using 'old stock' of his - or something very like it; and then something quite different - 'a paint thinner' smelling version, which I wasn't prepared to use. They then went under, too. I am on my last one of their early batch of 15% *******'s alternating with a 15% widely available outside the US. I switched to 5% Rogaine foam in the morning. I am allergic to PG which led me to Richard Lee in the first place.
    My approach is to do what you think is the best that can be done and then live with it, being as cautious as possible.
    I have lost ground but I am not prepared to 'experiment' further.
    Richard Lee wrote extensively on why he was anti-dut; so I wouldn't go down that route.
    I still find it puzzling that so few people get back to report their progress or lack of it post-Lee.
    My guess is because the best that most of us can hope for is a slowing down of the inevitable - but as we can never know what would have happened if we hadn't gone on the so-called 'treatments' - we can have no 'proof' of the long-term benefits of the 'treatment'.
    Actually, I think 'treatment' (if it implies a 'medical treatment') is a bit of a misnomer because MPB is not an 'illness' or 'disease'. It is a vanity issue, in the main.

with the right strong treatment ur not slowing down ur hair dr lee says himself ur mainting what you have as long as u stay on the products

that can be what? 15? 20 years? well into your 40s if u keep adding things in and keep adding in powerful things u will keep the hair u have and maybe even make it look better

Didnt spencer keep his hair for 15 years or so ? and didnt lose any? that seems to be the common thing 80 percent keep what they have for over 10 years, i think he still has the same hair he started out with?

I also ordered a top quality 12 laser comb from hair loss talk

Help me Please - what has been your regime? Do you think the comb will add any density? If you have more hair than ever before why are you adding in more solutions?

i could care less about side effects as long as it doesnt kill me
    The regulating bodies who make the decisions on what will be available on the market care. It is their job to care. It does not matter if you care or not.