Threaded View

Default Newby Interested in FUE

Hi Guys,

I’m a long-time guest but only joined recently. Apologies for the length of this post – hopefully it’s not too boring.

I really like the impartiality on this forum and the wide range of informed opinions and advice which is the reason why I joined. I can see the industry can be pretty unscrupulous but there is a lot of experience on here from what I have seen so I thought I’d try chime in.

Firstly a little about me – I’m 31 British (Indian-origin) guy. I’ve had thin hair since around 15. I went through a period of too much use of a shampoo called Head & Shoulders when I was that age. It made my hair start to fall out kind of all over, but it is a bit thicker at the back. I did consult a dermatologist at the time but she pretty much said there’s nothing I could do. Apparently it has been quite a common complaint with that shampoo. So my hair has gradually got thinner over the years. I started using finasteride about 4 yrs now, that’s probably helped, I also use Nizoral shampoo. I tried Regaine a few years ago also but it felt awful so I stopped soon after starting. My father was bald but my 3 brothers aged late 20’s to mid 30’s all have very good heads of hair. Uncles, granddads etc all have good hair as well – only my dad was bald.

I’ve been thinking about some sort of hair transplant for a few years now but wanted to wait to see how my hair loss developed and to whether any kind of technological advancement would be made – heard about lab grown hair stem cells a while back but I’m pretty sure that’s still a long way off.
    Anyway I’m considering an FUE or Neograft procedure – like others I’d like to have the option of keeping my hair short with minimal visible scarring. I haven’t had a professional consultation yet – I wanted to get some advice on here first.

From what I gather FUE and Neograft do not have many proven doctors in the UK but I’m willing to travel (Belgium or US). Obviously I want to get a good deal but I’m willing to pay for quality – the most important thing for me is getting a high standard of work done.

So I’ve included some pics of my hair to give you guys a bit more background info. I guess the main questions I have are;

1. What kind of level of baldness do I have?
    2. Am I a good candidate for FUE or Neograft?
    3. Does Neograft have any good reputable practitioners? I haven’t come across any.

Any other advice you guys have is very welcome.

Thanks!
    Addy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Head - Top.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	16648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Head - Back 1.jpg

Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	16649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Head - Back 2.jpg

Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	16650   Click image for larger version