Threaded View

Default Fighting a loosing battle!?

Hi guys, I'm Olly, I've just turned 28 and I'm from the UK. I have slowly been loosing hair from my crown for quite a while now, at first tbh I was in denial... but as it's increased it's really started to get me down. My brother was almost completely bald by the age of 25, so I'm beating him at least, even though my dad had a full head of hair until he passed away.

I have been using Alpecin (a couple of times a week) for about 18 months, and Regaine for almost a year. I must admit I don't always stick that strictly to its usage... sometimes only once a day, and sometimes I forget completely. I was very strict for the first few months but got disheartened by not seeing any results.

I think the main reason I've joined up here is because I'm getting to the point of wondering if it's worth carrying on? I was always prepared to give up when I reach 30 anyway, although this of course still worries me. I don't want to end up looking like a monk!

Is it worth trying Propecia? Obviously I've read around the forum a bit and released there is a big three... this being the only one I haven't tried. I'm just worried of the side effects. I would be prepared to perhaps give it a go at least, I feel like I should try everything available to me.

Anyway here's a picture, I'll try and take better ones if you think they're needed. Thanks a lot for reading...