+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Have you looked into concealer products such as Toppik? They can do wonders for hiding a bald spot and you still have plenty of hair in the area for it to cling to. Relying on a concealer product can be a hassle but it's worth trying, if only for special occasions.
    I thought about this after seeing an article in a magazine, but never got round to purchasing. Perhaps I will, as you say, for special occasions as I'm sure it's too expensive to use constantly!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It would be a good idea to replace your regular shampoo and conditioner with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner if you haven't already done so. It would also be a good idea to use Nizoral shampoo once a week.
    Thanks Tracy, I will look into changing to the products you have mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    - Realise that you can't be lazy. You want to have hair but you can't even bother to spend one minute a day applying foam on your hair???? Literally applying minoxidil for me takes me like thirty seconds in the morning, and thirty seconds in the evening. Can you not afford seven minutes per week to save your hair?!?
    Yes I have been lazy in the past. If I'm going to up my game by adding Propecia into the mix, I think I need to get more serious. It's not purely that I can't be bothered though, I literally just forget sometimes or I go away for a couple of days and forget to take it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    You DON'T get what I'm talking about. Do you? Anti depressants can cause impotence and all other meds have some kind of unwanted or even dangerous side effects. I'm talking about the irrationality of people. The simple act of riding in a car CAN GET YOU KILLED. So are you going to to stop driving or riding cars. NEVER MIND.
    Speaking of this... my girlfriend is worried because I am already on SSRI's for anxiety/depression and there seems to be an increased risk from taking Propecia of making this worse for me? Like you have said, it's certainly worth a try anyway. Am I right in thinking it can only be prescribed by my doctor? I will go and discuss this matter with him first anyway.

Regarding the Norwood Scale, would you say I was a 3-vertex at the moment? Or nearing a 4... do you think it's most likely I will end up as a 7 eventually?