+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 9 years later on propecia

I haven't been on a hair loss forum for ages. I started to loss my hair around 19 but didn't notice that I was losing my hair until I was 20 years old. I did something about it when I turn 21 when it got really bad. I started to take propecia and got really good results. Then I started to added nizoral 1% and then 2% for a few years and I truly think it did nothing with saving my hair. Over a year ago, my got tight and needed to switch to 5MG generic finasteride which I cut in it 4s. 30 pills last me 120 days and it cost me $10. Lifesaver for me. Well it's about 9 years now and I'm turning 30 in 11 days and would like to show you my hair now.

Here is when I started to take propecia. You may seen these photos before which I wish MERCK would use my photos and I could make money from it.

BEFORE
    http://imagraphicdesigner.com/propecia/propecia.html

9 YEARS LATER

It looks great man, hopefully i get the same results.

Positive result, nice one well done to you and your follicles!

I'm at the 2.8 year mark and i feel i've had the result of keeping what i had.

Praise be for Finasteride.

Re-growth and long term maintenance! Congrats.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks a lot for posting. It's hard to find well documented accounts like this over such a long time. Any chance of a pulled-back hairline photo? It'd be really interesting to compare it to those early ones you have...

I want to switch to proscar, but I'm afraid that it won't work as good as propecia. I'm paying 90 bucks a month for propecia, and been on it for 6 months and getting good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    I want to switch to proscar, but I'm afraid that it won't work as good as propecia. I'm paying 90 bucks a month for propecia, and been on it for 6 months and getting good results.
    I just started taking proscar about 8 days ago and I haven't notice any differences between hair sheds. I used to buy propecia for 80 dollars at Walgreen's for the past 13 months, so i know how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I just started taking proscar about 8 days ago and I haven't notice any differences between hair sheds. I used to buy propecia for 80 dollars and Walgreen's for the past 13 months, so i know how you feel.
    I live in Florida, and buy my supply from cvs. I've read on this forum that others have made the switch with no issues at all, but I worry about switching cause I've had great result on propecia. I just don't understand why one pill that is only 1mg cost so much versus the other is 5mg pill (five times stronger than propecia) and cost so much less? I know that proscar is a generic, but still it doesn't make sense? Maybe a chemist can explain generic vs non-generic? Yes, I do know that generic has always been cheaper than non-generic, but proscar is 5 times the strength of propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    I live in Florida, and buy my supply from cvs. I've read on this forum that others have made the switch with no issues at all, but I worry about switching cause I've had great result on propecia. I just don't understand why one pill that is only 1mg cost so much versus the other is 5mg pill (five times stronger than propecia) and cost so much less? I know that proscar is a generic, but still it doesn't make sense? Maybe a chemist can explain generic vs non-generic? Yes, I do know that generic has always been cheaper than non-generic, but proscar is 5 times the strength of propecia.
    What I have read from forums and websites, it contains the exact same ingredients. Reason why they're different is because the're from different companies? I also bought mine at inhousepharmacy but I will make an appointment with my dermatologist and get a prescription for proscar, when she gets back from her VACAtion.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    What I have read from forums and websites, it contains the exact same ingredients. Reason why they're different is because the're from different companies? I also bought mine at inhousepharmacy but I will make an appointment with my dermatologist and get a prescription for proscar, when she gets back from her VACAtion.
    Propecia and Proscar are both made by Merck. This is what I've read, so if they are both made from the same ingredients why is one so much more expensive than the other? Proscar is 5 times the strength of propecia and it's still cheaper than propecia?