+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    Propecia and Proscar are both made by Merck. This is what I've read, so if they are both made from the same ingredients why is one so much more expensive than the other? Proscar is 5 times the strength of propecia and it's still cheaper than propecia?
    That's what I don't understand has well, hopefully someone in this forum can answer your question.

I've been on it since 1998 and it's been the best decision of my life. I've maintained with very slow progression for all of these years. I feel for the guys who have side effects or think they have side effects, but this stuff really works from most people who use it. I would not be where I am today if I didn't decide to go for it.

Here's my story if you guys never read it.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    I've been on it since 1998 and it's been the best decision of my life. I've maintained with very slow progression for all of these years.

Here's my story if you guys never read it.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435
    What do you mean slow progression? I thought propecia stops hair loss and sometimes regrows what you've lost in some men? I know it works for 9 out of 10 men.

What do you mean slow progression? I thought propecia stops hair loss and sometimes regrows what you've lost in some men? I know it works for 9 out of 10 men.
    Well, for a long time my hair loss did stop and I did regrow some of what I had lost, but I have progressed very slowly over all of these years. My hairline went back about 1/4 of an inch or so and I have a little bit more crown loss. All in all I think the drug has been a miracle for me. After all I began going bald when I was about 16 and have been lucky enough to keep a fairly decent head of hair for all of these years. Nothing's perfect, but Propecia allowed me to get on with my life and really enjoy my youth without worrying much about my hair.

To Zao and Feinburgrl:

What is your family history of hairloss? What degree of hairloss do/did your male family members have and at what age were they at that stage?

Thanks

Propecia and Proscar are both made by Merck. This is what I've read, so if they are both made from the same ingredients why is one so much more expensive than the other? Proscar is 5 times the strength of propecia and it's still cheaper than propecia?
    One is branded for hairloss the other is generic so i'm guessing it's simply a matter of brand? I'm not sure, either way they're the same thing and if money is somewhat of an issue stick with proscar.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    That's what I don't understand has well, hopefully someone in this forum can answer your question.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    One is branded for hairloss the other is generic so i'm guessing it's simply a matter of brand? I'm not sure, either way they're the same thing and if money is somewhat of an issue stick with proscar.
    Proscar in 5mg used to be expensive, but then its patent went off and it became available to do as a generic so the price went down.

The 1mg dose is still under patent.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Proscar in 5mg used to be expensive, but then its patent went off and it became available to do as a generic so the price went down.

The 1mg dose is still under patent.
    I see, Thanks for the help.

On my mom side my 90 year old grandfather has a norwood 3 to 4 and my uncles has has about 2 to 3. On my dad side is pretty bad. My dad went bald at the age of 17. So it's mix between parents. My older brother has a norwood 3 and stay there after using Propecia and my younger brother is about a 2 and does not use propecia. I will take some photos of my hair again.

Do you still have a penis?