+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Possible to get sides after two pills of Propec?

I've taken two Propecia 1mg pills over 3 days and have noticed less interest in sex and difficulty getting an erection particularly today (the day of taking it the second time).

Is this likely or even possible to be a side effect of the drug? or just psychological?

(I've been feeling a bit down I guess today but not really any anxiety.
    Actually I've been in a pretty good mood this evening which is the time of noticing the lack of sex drive and difficulty getting an erection so I'm not so sure it's psychological).

Second question:
    If it's not psychological and is a result of the finasteride... Is this a sign I should stop the drug? Or just push on through and hope it goes away?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I've taken two Propecia 1mg pills over 3 days and have noticed less interest in sex and difficulty getting an erection particularly today (the day of taking it the second time).

Is this likely or even possible to be a side effect of the drug? or just psychological?

(I've been feeling a bit down I guess today but not really any anxiety.
    Actually I've been in a pretty good mood this evening which is the time of noticing the lack of sex drive and difficulty getting an erection so I'm not so sure it's psychological).

Second question:
    If it's not psychological and is a result of the finasteride... Is this a sign I should stop the drug? Or just push on through and hope it goes away?
    Thanks

post finasteride syndrome if occurs at all (very unlikely) happens after years of use when you come off the drug. whats happening now has nothing to do with propecia from what you've said.

I am not a doctor so this is not medical advice, just my opinion.

If I were you I would take the drug for at least a couple weeks. Just monitor the symptoms over that time and if they are still affecting you just stop and see if they subside. If they do go away I would refrain for taking anymore Finasteride.

This soon? It is most likely psychological. Most, though not all, cases of negative side effects from this medication are largely psychological. The fear mongers and ambulance chasers don't want to admit that, but it is true. Either way, you should stop taking it and talk to your doctor about it.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Anything is possible, but I put my vote on psychological effects. Mind over body. I often wondered if patients were never warned about the sexual side effects would there be as many reported cases of side effects.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Anything is possible, but I put my vote on psychological effects. Mind over body. I often wondered if patients were never warned about the sexual side effects would there be as many reported cases of side effects.
    This might give you an idea:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...nticated=false

It's weel known all sides from this poison are always psychological.
    Watery semen etc. -> just in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by niff1250 View Post
    It's weel known all sides from this poison are always psychological.
    Nobody said all - and yes it is possible for your mind to give you physical symptoms. This has been well known within the medical community for hundreds of years. That at is reality. Fear mongering trolls refuse to accept reality and substitute their own bent version of reality.

After just a couple days it is possible to develop physiological side effects from Propecia, but you would know best whether it is psychogenic or caused by a physical ailment. Tracey has zero qualifications to provide her advice to you and really should not be saying anything... but certain sexual dysfunctions can be caused by psychological stress.

The early-warning risk factors for Propecia are not well understood. For some men, they suffer side-effects very suddenly and for others they develop gradually after prolonged use. If you feel it would be absolutely devastating to lose your sexual function over the long-term, it is probably not the right drug for you given the uncertainties that currently exist.

By the way Tracey, it seems you completely missed Niff's sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by SoothSayer View Post
    Tracey has zero qualifications to provide her advice to you and really should not be saying anything...
    I am more than qualified to advise any poster to see a doctor. Besides, I actually know a heck of a lot more than you are willing to accept. That drives you nutty and I know it.