+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    Apparently the drug didn't interfere with my male hormones....so far.....after 15 years of use or so, unless I'm not aware of something...that I can't think of. But anyway, I'd gladly take arsenic if that prevented me from going bald.
    15 years of using propecia? amazing...

What Norwood are you at the moment?

Did you hair get thicker?

any regrowth?

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    15 years of using propecia? amazing...

What Norwood are you at the moment?

Did you hair get thicker?

any regrowth?
    Yup. I've been on it literally since it came out (Propecia first then switched to Proscar). Unfortunately, I dont think the drug has any direct benefit or at least it's not as effective as Minoxidil has been for me. It might be working in other ways but from my experience I can say Minox has a very direct effect on my hair because every time I stop using it for a few weeks I get this shed right after and it completely stops once I'm back on Minox for 4-6 weeks. The same cannot be said about Fin. I have had several HTs in my hairline and temples but the rest of my head was in a pretty good shape with almost no evidence of hair loss -UNTIL THAT BIG SHED ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS ON SOME FAKE SNAKE OIL MINOXIDIL PRODUCT (Dualgen 15/ ebay). Even my hairline wasn't really bad at all when I started getting those HTs but I was too paranoid and scared of hair loss that I didnt want to see even one hair lost in my hairline. Big mistake I think to start so early but I was just trying to be proactive in my fight against this curse.

So, I don't know if Fin is actually doing anything (internally) but since it's a DHT blocker I am going to use anyway. As for the regrowth thing, well, like I said up until 1 1/2 years ago my hair with the exception of my hairline and temples looked perfectly good with hardly any signs of loss but yeah, it wasn't as full as it was say 6 or 8 years ago. So, there's definitely loss but I had very thick hair to begin with and I would say I was probably losing no more than 2% of my hair every year.I would usually see mini hairs coming out in the comb but the thickness of the rest of the hairs was generally good. Now (after that shed) I see my hair is much weaker and thinner unfortunately. That crap (Dualgen) has completely fcuked up my hair in more ways than one and I just dont know what the hell was in it. I wish I could spit in those bastards' faces (and all their likes) and lock them up for life for being the crooks they are.

BTW, I just want to add that the biggest and worst killer of my sexual desire has been hair loss itself, and ever since I had that big shed 1 1/2 years ago I lost interest in sex almost entirely. It is hair loss that has killed my desire to date or pursue any relationships.

Yup. I've been on it literally since it came out (Propecia first then switched to Proscar). Unfortunately, I dont think the drug has any direct benefit or at least it's not as effective as Minoxidil has been for me. It might be working in other ways but from my experience I can say Minox has a very direct effect on my hair because every time I stop using it for a few weeks I get this shed right after and it completely stops once I'm back on Minox for 4-6 weeks. The same cannot be said about Fin. I have had several HTs in my hairline and temples but the rest of my head was in a pretty good shape with almost no evidence of hair loss -UNTIL THAT BIG SHED ABOUT 1 1/2 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS ON SOME FAKE SNAKE OIL MINOXIDIL PRODUCT (Dualgen 15/ ebay). Even my hairline wasn't really bad at all when I started getting those HTs but I was too paranoid and scared of hair loss that I didnt want to see even one hair lost in my hairline. Big mistake I think to start so early but I was just trying to be proactive in my fight against this curse.

So, I don't know if Fin is actually doing anything (internally) but since it's a DHT blocker I am going to use anyway. As for the regrowth thing, well, like I said up until 1 1/2 years ago my hair with the exception of my hairline and temples looked perfectly good with hardly any signs of loss but yeah, it wasn't as full as it was say 6 or 8 years ago. So, there's definitely loss but I had very thick hair to begin with and I would say I was probably losing no more than 2% of my hair every year.I would usually see mini hairs coming out in the comb but the thickness of the rest of the hairs was generally good. Now (after that shed) I see my hair is much weaker and thinner unfortunately. That crap (Dualgen) has completely fcuked up my hair in more ways than one and I just dont know what the hell was in it. I wish I could spit in those bastards' faces (and all their likes) and lock them up for life for being the crooks they are.

BTW, I just want to add that the biggest and worst killer of my sexual desire has been hair loss itself, and ever since I had that big shed 1 1/2 years ago I lost interest in sex almost entirely. It is hair loss that has killed my desire to date or pursue any relationships.
    Wow, thanks for the reply and for your great knowledge. When I started using hair loss treatment I was considering in getting dualgen, thank fully I didn't and will never will thanks to you. Hopefully, your be able to gain what you lost my friend. I understand that hair loss affects some people from going out there and mingling with women but you shouldn't let this affect you brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I want to support you Chrisis, but the doctor has many years of experience treating hair loss. He has many many male patients who are taking Finasteride. He likely knows a lot more about this than the both of us put together - and then some.
    Dr. Charles has experience treating hair loss, not sexual dysfunction. Hairloss, on its own, is not even a medical illness. The hair transplant community typically writes prescriptions and does not follow up with patients after they have taken the drug. It would make a lot more sense to discuss the matter with urologists or endocrinologists, both of which have received relevant training and actually have an understanding of how male hormones influence the body (other than the effects on hair follicles). The hair transplant community, for the most part, is averse to accepting the risks of finasteride possibly because their financial interests are closely aligned with the success of Propecia, but doctors from disciplines that treat actual medical conditions are more likely to accept the risks of finasteride. That being said, some hair transplant surgeons are no longer prescribing Propecia due to its unraveling controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by SoothSayer View Post
    Dr. Charles has experience treating hair loss, not sexual dysfunction.
    So you feel that all the patients of all the doctors who have no side effects don't count. That is unfairly stacking the deck and corrupting the overall data pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    So you feel that all the patients of all the doctors who have no side effects don't count. That is unfairly stacking the deck and corrupting the overall data pool.
    No, you misunderstood what I said. The experiences of those doctors should not be entirely ignored, but they you need to realize they are not fully equipped to identify long-lasting, even permanent, side-effects from Propecia. It only takes 1 instance of finasteride-induced long-term sexual side effects to show that finasteride is a potentially dangerous drug and hair surgeons are not going to be the one's to uncover these men. What their experience tells us is that most men do not get permanent damage from taking Propecia, but it doesn't guarantee the drug is completely safe. For this reason, you need to turn to the experience of doctors who have actually treated patients for long-term sexual side effects and not their hair loss consultants.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Wow, thanks for the reply and for your great knowledge. When I started using hair loss treatment I was considering in getting dualgen, thank fully I didn't and will never will thanks to you. Hopefully, your be able to gain what you lost my friend. I understand that hair loss affects some people from going out there and mingling with women but you shouldn't let this affect you brother.
    You're welcome, man. This Dualgen has destroyed me. It's been exactly one year and 7 months since the time I had that shed that cost me a whole lot of hair and made things a billion times worse for me. I can't get over it. It keeps playing in my head. What went wrong.... Before that god damn garbage (dualgen) you couldn't even tell I was having hair loss issues. I had a good thick hairline (native hair and hair from the HTs) and my hair was pretty thick all over and used to bounce. Not any more (it's thin and limp now) , and it's all thanks to this snake oil scam called Dualgen. Not only did it cost me a lot of hair but it actually changed the texture of the hair. I still don't know what the hell these sons of bitches had in that shit that it caused so much damage to my hair. I don't know if the Azelaic acid had anything to do with it but I thought that stuff was supposed to be good not bad. I just checked ebay and there's only 2 ads for it. When I bought it there were a lot more. Hopefully people will catch on and these bastards are forced to shut down their scam operation.

Yeah man. Dont even think about it. I doubt there's any Minoxidil in their solution. Heck, I'm positive there is NONE. I was using the brands I usually use (Kirkland or Rogaine) and all was well but when I switched to this garbage the shed started in about 5 weeks, which is exactly the time I usually start shedding once I'm off Minoxidil. More than 170 hairs a day were falling. So, I quickly dumped that shit and got back on the other ones and the shed comes to a halt in about a month(normal 40-50 hairs a day). Unfortunately, the hair I lost is gone forever as I haven't been able to regrow any.
    But yeah, if that doesn't prove that Dualgen is a snake oil, I don't know what does. Also, the fact that they're not all over ebay like before proves something. BTW, the company used to sell this garbage themselves (on ebay) and had like 10's of "testimonials" but now you can't find them (the company) on ebay and there are only two sellers, one in the US and another in the UK. I think the word is spreading. Please warn others about this stuff. I also remember after writing (here) about my experience with Dualgen this guy who's never written a post here appears out of nowhere and starts defending them and saying how good the stuff was (regrowing his hair), and then he just disappeared. Typical salesman tactics.

My problem is that I have BDD. So when I had that shed it completely destroyed me and now my confidence is like MINUS 1000. Luckily, I don't mind being alone and I don't really care about being with a woman or sex. I'm more sad about losing that hair more than anything else.

You're welcome, man. This Dualgen has destroyed me. It's been exactly one year and 7 months since the time I had that shed that cost me a whole lot of hair and made things a billion times worse for me. I can't get over it. It keeps playing in my head. What went wrong.... Before that god damn garbage (dualgen) you couldn't even tell I was having hair loss issues. I had a good thick hairline (native hair and hair from the HTs) and my hair was pretty thick all over and used to bounce. Not any more (it's thin and limp now) , and it's all thanks to this snake oil scam called Dualgen. Not only did it cost me a lot of hair but it actually changed the texture of the hair. I still don't know what the hell these sons of bitches had in that shit that it caused so much damage to my hair. I don't know if the Azelaic acid had anything to do with it but I thought that stuff was supposed to be good not bad. I just checked ebay and there's only 2 ads for it. When I bought it there were a lot more. Hopefully people will catch on and these bastards are forced to shut down their scam operation.

Yeah man. Dont even think about it. I doubt there's any Minoxidil in their solution. Heck, I'm positive there is NONE. I was using the brands I usually use (Kirkland or Rogaine) and all was well but when I switched to this garbage the shed started in about 5 weeks, which is exactly the time I usually start shedding once I'm off Minoxidil. More than 170 hairs a day were falling. So, I quickly dumped that shit and got back on the other ones and the shed comes to a halt in about a month(normal 40-50 hairs a day). Unfortunately, the hair I lost is gone forever as I haven't been able to regrow any.
    But yeah, if that doesn't prove that Dualgen is a snake oil, I don't know what does. Also, the fact that they're not all over ebay like before proves something. BTW, the company used to sell this garbage themselves (on ebay) and had like 10's of "testimonials" but now you can't find them (the company) on ebay and there are only two sellers, one in the US and another in the UK. I think the word is spreading. Please warn others about this stuff. I also remember after writing (here) about my experience with Dualgen this guy who's never written a post here appears out of nowhere and starts defending them and saying how good the stuff was (regrowing his hair), and then he just disappeared. Typical salesman tactics.

My problem is that I have BDD. So when I had that shed it completely destroyed me and now my confidence is like MINUS 1000. Luckily, I don't mind being alone and I don't really care about being with a woman or sex. I'm more sad about losing that hair more than anything else.
    VictimOfHysteria is an insane guy spreading lies. I followed his comments carefully, and it is quite clear that his crazy mind is losing contact with the outer world:
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...?t=8426&page=5