+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It's hard to see how just two doses could be causing side effects already. In your case, I think what you are experiencing is psychological. That said, when I was on Propecia, I first noticed my side effects about 1 week after use.

Quote Originally Posted by SoothSayer View Post
    After just a couple days it is possible to develop physiological side effects from Propecia, but you would know best whether it is psychogenic or caused by a physical ailment. Tracey has zero qualifications to provide her advice to you and really should not be saying anything... but certain sexual dysfunctions can be caused by psychological stress.

The early-warning risk factors for Propecia are not well understood. For some men, they suffer side-effects very suddenly and for others they develop gradually after prolonged use. If you feel it would be absolutely devastating to lose your sexual function over the long-term, it is probably not the right drug for you given the uncertainties that currently exist.

By the way Tracey, it seems you completely missed Niff's sarcasm.
    You sound so much like PropeciaVictim who got banned for reasons I do not know.

Maybe you are not him, but if you search his posts, your attitude and choice of words are remarkably similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I am more than qualified to advise any poster to see a doctor. Besides, I actually know a heck of a lot more than you are willing to accept. That drives you nutty and I know it.
    You really do not know very much and are misinformed. That does not 'drive me nutty'. My objections were not to your suggestion to contact a doctor, but you possibly knew that already.

The mechanism for how Propecia causes its side effects is not fully understood, and for this reason you can't assume that it won't occur within a couple of days. It has been reported to happen after a few days in the past but it is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by SoothSayer View Post
    You really do not know very much and are misinformed.
    I am not misinformed. I am very careful about that. Much more careful than you are - and certainly more unbiased than you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Anything is possible, but I put my vote on psychological effects. Mind over body. I often wondered if patients were never warned about the sexual side effects would there be as many reported cases of side effects.

THANK YOU, doctor. That's exactly what my thought is- if none of the patients were warned about the sexual side effects I GUARANTEE you and every one else 90% of those who claim they have side effects will have NONE.

Anybody remember a couple of years or so ago when an owner of a Toyota car had a problem with the brakes and he couldn't stop the car and ended up crashing it or something like that. Then a few days later I think there was another incident with the same kind of car. Then another one and BOOM, 10's and 100's of owners were reporting the same problem all of a sudden and there was panic among the owners of that specific Toyota model and people stopped buying it and dealerships were swamped by owners wanting their cars checked. Then, there was this study that showed that most of those reporting "braking problems" actually had NONE. Well, it turned out they were too freaked out that they were imagining things. YUP. That's how stupid and gullible people are. It's sooooooo fcuking easy to spook people it's not funny. Well, the same thing with this Fin crap. A couple of guys thought they were having some sexual side effects and boom, like wild fires the fears started spreading. And again why? Becuase it happens to "affect" people's (men's) little gods (penis). Oh God! Give me heroine, cocaine, LSD, myth, alcohol,tobacco...., give me all the fattening foods that plug my arteries and causes heart attacks and diabetes. Lace my food with all kinds of chemicals and hormones and pesticides that cause all kinds of cancers..........but please don't give me that blue pill because there's a blue moon chance it might affect my little god.

Dude, for someone as paranoid as you are, even if I gave you sugar pills and I told you it was Fin YOU WILL HAVE INSTANTANEOUS IMPOTENCE. THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I am not misinformed. I am very careful about that. Much more careful than you are - and certainly more unbiased than you are.
    If you feel like discussing further, I would invite you to bring up a single post where I demonstrated more bias or even inaccuracy (you will struggle to find even a weak example). My suggestions always emphasize objectivity - I just have no patience for people who bury their head in the sand and falsely act as though they have expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Anything is possible, but I put my vote on psychological effects. Mind over body. I often wondered if patients were never warned about the sexual side effects would there be as many reported cases of side effects.
    This is a drug that works by interfering with male hormones. Why is it so difficult to digest that there's a direct connection to male sexual side effects? I'm getting tired of these cop outs by people who should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    This is a drug that works by interfering with male hormones. Why is it so difficult to digest that there's a direct connection to male sexual side effects? I'm getting tired of these cop outs by people who should know better.
    You're right Chrisis. You obviously seem to know something from reading internet blogs, that he didn't learn in years and years of med school.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'm getting tired of these cop outs by people who should know better.
    I want to support you Chrisis, but the doctor has many years of experience treating hair loss. He has many many male patients who are taking Finasteride. He likely knows a lot more about this than the both of us put together - and then some.

Apparently the drug didn't interfere with my male hormones....so far.....after 15 years of use or so, unless I'm not aware of something...that I can't think of. But anyway, I'd gladly take arsenic if that prevented me from going bald.