Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StuckInARut
    • Aug 2012

Question Concerning Minoxidil

I've been reading up a lot on Minoxidil and even purchased some the other day and just waiting for it to arrive. I've purchased it knowing good well it may cause scalp irritation which I can deal with but now I keep finding reviews and claims from people saying it prematurely ages the skin.

Is there any truth in that? Any scientific evidence to support peoples claim it causes wrinkles? I don't plan to bathe in it, I can read and plan to use as directed. I just don't want wrinkles, black eyes, puffiness or a severe dry face making me look like I smoke 10 packs of cigarettes a day.

Thanks for your replies!
    • May 2012

Originally posted by StuckInARut
    I've been reading up a lot on Minoxidil and even purchased some the other day and just waiting for it to arrive. I've purchased it knowing good well it may cause scalp irritation which I can deal with but now I keep finding reviews and claims from people saying it prematurely ages the skin.

Is there any truth in that? Any scientific evidence to support peoples claim it causes wrinkles? I don't plan to bathe in it, I can read and plan to use as directed. I just don't want wrinkles, black eyes, puffiness or a severe dry face making me look like I smoke 10 packs of cigarettes a day.

Thanks for your replies!
    People! im just 24 with 30 or 35% of my hair gone with the wind. lolz :( I want to ask from users of minoxidil that 1. what is your expereince about it? does it help? 2. please tell me the real sides of minoxidil. 3. what is the cheapest brand around? since i can not afford expensive treatments.

open the link and read all the replies. hope that will help

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by StuckInARut
      ...but now I keep finding reviews and claims from people saying it prematurely ages the skin.
      This is largely fear mongering. Many women need to use Minoxidil. If it actually did age the skin in a statistically significant number of people, women would never touch the stuff.

Comment

Working...