+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Not to be a downer, but this all sounds too good to be true. What about the potential off side effects? And would this lotion have to be used for the rest of your life?

it has been proven safe, but don't know about long term effects, and yes for now you would have to use it for the rest of your life, until the real reason for mpb is found.

They said this will extend to men of all ages who have already lost their hair to grow full heads of hair.. Who cares if we have to use it for the rest of our lives.

for some reason I feel like this is going to be another "rogaine/propecia" not a cure but a treatment to somewhat stop hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    for some reason I feel like this is going to be another "rogaine/propecia" not a cure but a treatment to somewhat stop hair loss.
    Yea I have the same feeling, like it is going to be another Rogaine that "doesn't" work for all user, and five "some" regrowth.

Default The truth

THE GOOD
    It is a great discovery, and could definitely be used in combination with other prostaglandin treatments aka bimatoprost.
    In combination with bim, it will be blocking bad receptors and stimulating good receptors. Leading to a very effective treatment.
    Many drugs (asthma) blocking the certain receptor are in Phase 3
    FDA approval would be quicker for this mpb treatment

THE BAD
    It will still have to go through clinical trials
    It will take much longer than 2 years (atleast 5-6 yrs), that is just hilariously unrealistic, i cant believe news companies would even report that

I hate to be negative, but im just being realistic. It would be worse for everyone to think this will actually be available in 2 yrs and be dissapointed. I hope somebody can prove me wrong about it not having to go through clinical trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    THE GOOD
    It is a great discovery, and could definitely be used in combination with other prostaglandin treatments aka bimatoprost.
    In combination with bim, it will be blocking bad receptors and stimulating good receptors. Leading to a very effective treatment.
    Many drugs (asthma) blocking the certain receptor are in Phase 3
    FDA approval would be quicker for this mpb treatment

THE BAD
    It will still have to go through clinical trials
    It will take much longer than 2 years (atleast 5-6 yrs), that is just hilariously unrealistic, i cant believe news companies would even report that

I hate to be negative, but im just being realistic. It would be worse for everyone to think this will actually be available in 2 yrs and be dissapointed. I hope somebody can prove me wrong about it not having to go through clinical trials.
    I´m with you. Saying that u have a treatment for hair loss that could be the cure and out in few years is just a way to be celeb.

The only reason Propecia took as long as it did to come out after Proscar was because they wanted clinical trials that looked specifically for the results in hair.

They knew after the Proscar trial what it could do and even before likely what it *could* do. But before the FDA let them label something and be sanctioned they went through the trials. Considering it mucks with a human hormone production its no surprise.

Since they already know the stuff is safe internally and has been for years, its just a matter of getting it stamped by the FDA for hair loss. It could be out and available before that.

Interesting discovery but yet again I'd like to ask is there an actual company working on and investing in a hair specific PGD2 inhibitor?

sorry upon reading further it says they're trying to start working with new companies.

Either way it's interesting, but they need to get the proper formula and I want to see some actual human results. The theory is good as well.

Would this make propecia obsolete as well? meaning is PGD2 a much bigger problem then DHT?

EDIT: And I may be misunderstanding Minoxidil, but could they be possibly mixed together for positive results as min increases Pge2 levels? This is a very intriguing find.