+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've been following this forum for a few years now and I've always been very skeptical about all these new hair-grow miracle treatments including Replicel, Histogen and Aderans which promise the world but have very little to show for.
    I'm still very skeptical about this as well, but I have to admit it does make me slightly more hopeful or optimistic about the future.

Reasons for this is:

- It's not a theory that fell from thin air, it's a treatment Dr Cotsarelis has been working on for quite a few years now.
    - It doesn't seem overly-commercialized at the moment, looking for fundraisers, selling stocks and giving the impression it's just out to make quick money before the truth comes out. (in contrary to Replicel)
    - It seems to be lead by a 'fairly' trustworthy (real) professor of a real university.
    - It's been reported by some major, important and reliable media-channels such as 'Times'.

I do have a few questions though:
    I seem to remember reading in a earlier report this would only help people in their starting phase and not people completely bald. Can Anyone confirm this?
    I myself am a diffuse thinner and only started noticeably balding 1,5 year ago.
    So far I can still hide it for the untrained eye by trimming it short and have no big balding spots. But I imagine I will be/have in 2-3 years since I'm not taking any meds. Does this mean I should start panicking and get on Finasteride Propecia ASAP or otherwise be screwed? I haven't been taking meds so far because I have no ambitions for a transplantation and would accept my baldness if there were no other option. But if there is...

Will this just prevent hairloss or also regrow?

Basically, to make a long story short: Is there any chance Spencer Kobren would be able to invite Dr Cotsarelis for the show? I'm pretty sure lots of people have questions about this and I for one am a lot more interested in his opinion than the one of any CEO.

I really want to believe this to be the cure as well... I'm skeptical of course as someone who deals with hair loss but I hope Costerelis really is more certain of this treatment then his prior research. I also second trying to get him on for an interview.

I have a semi good feeling about this one. I have this idea that with all the propecia side effect law suits and all, they are looking for something else to put on the market in case propecia one day gets banned or loses sales.

I too would like to get this dr cotsarelis on the show. Wondering what companies are showing interest towards PGD2

Quote Originally Posted by boourns View Post
    I have a semi good feeling about this one. I have this idea that with all the propecia side effect law suits and all, they are looking for something else to put on the market in case propecia one day gets banned or loses sales.
    You are bang right!

With stories likethis i realise cure is a term over used by the popular media
    it'll just be a preventative treatment.

Let's put this to rest now. It'll be the best part of a decade away, not two years unfortunately.

http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_.../2012/03/hair/
    From George Cotsarelis:

Thank you for your interest in our research. If you have hair loss, we recommend seeing a dermatologist, as there are other causes of hair loss and some treatments currently available.

We are not performing any clinical trials at this time. The findings from this study have not yet led to any clinical trials. Please refer to the National Institutes of Health clinical trial site clinicaltrials.gov for ongoing hair loss studies.

Some media outlets have inaccurately reported that a drug may be available in two years. To clarify, if everything goes well, a treatment could start being tested in clinical trials within 2 years. The time to market, were the clinical trial successful, is more difficult to predict, but could be several more years after that pending FDA approval.

i knew it. You cant just sell a drug to the public without going through the FDA approval process.

So, realistically it is 8 years away from being on the shelf.

I was under the impression other companies were in trials/also looking into PGD2 treatments? That's on the shelf treatments not just under the counter ones.

This is only one source.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

It certainly would be good to hear from 'JOE from Staten' on this thread.
    By the way, Ive never been one to use the term CURE in re to hair loss.
    TREATMENT makes much more sense to me.