+ Reply to Thread

Default A hair loss sufferer is all alone except for this community.

Today, I tried to explain to my family(parents included) that I want a hair transplant.

Sadly, they did not understand how much pain I'm in. They said hair loss is no big deal, and that people do have much worse problems. In a way they are right, but I really do feel no one will understand the pain of a hair loss sufferer unless they have been through the pain themselves. It makes life really difficult when your own family does not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Today, I tried to explain to my family(parents included) that I want a hair transplant.

Sadly, they did not understand how much pain I'm in. They said hair loss is no big deal, and that people do have much worse problems. In a way they are right, but I really do feel no one will understand the pain of a hair loss sufferer unless they have been through the pain themselves. It makes life really difficult when your own family does not understand.

Were all alone in this world when it comes to "minor problems" like hairloss.

I feel your pain, I really do.

My mother had 4 boys and only two of us are going bald. Well actually my older brother is already bald lost everything on top years ago and always wears a hat to cover it up. Myself, I was lucky to keep most of my hair until it started to thin early this year. I tried to express my concerns with my mom and she didn't really understand. My father was bald and my younger brothers have a different father who always had a thick head of hair and so do they. I know my wife is sympathetic and tries to make me feel better which I appreciate.

All I can say is to remain strong bro, it is hard I know but we got a nice support community here.

It's not easy when the people you love just don't get it. I gravitated to this community after joining and being very turned off by two others because they were basically sales sites and I am so glad that I found this place. There are a few real jerks here, but for the most part people are here to help each other out and it does feel good to know that. I wish we could just weed out the assholes and stick to supporting each other. Oh well, can't have it all I guess.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys!