Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teg_101
    • Dec 2009

Hi All,

I am now in the planning stages of having my scar addressed. I had been putting this off for the longest time, but now have come the point where I would really like to have the ability to wear my hair shorter and to minimize the scar itself. Since H&W are now offering FUE, I was looking to have a consultation with them and see what they say.

I have been in touch with a few of the above noted clinics that have been mentioned by other members of the thread. Since this clinic is relatively new to the FUE procedure, would it be wise to consider them at this point, or would it be a gamble?

Comment

• Kreuzer
      • Jan 2016

Hi, I'm new to the forum and seeking advice on the trichophytic (sp?) donor area closure. It seems at one time, this was considered a good way to alleviate the unsightly appearance left from the donor area. I've had 4 transplants and all together about 6200-6400 follicle transplants. My last transplant was in Dec. 2006 here in Indianapolis. Both of the doctors I had are deceased and the clinic no longer exists. I'm looking for a doctor in Indianapolis who is recommended for performing the trichophytic closure. I've had the staple method on the 1st transplant and, thereafter, stitches were used. I'm not happy at all with the coverage of 4 transplants as I just still look like a guy losing his hair. What I'd like to do is buzz my hair down to a size 2-3 trimmer. I feel very self conscious as it stands now even though with the last transplant, the clinic did leave me with one semi-linear scar. I say semi-linear, because at both ends of my scar, it ends in a "v" shape. I've come to the resolution that I've excepted my lack of hair and just will live with it, but would like to buzz it.

I did buzz it once about 5-6 yrs ago and, man, was I self-conscious until my hair grew back enough to cover the scar. I know a lot of guys have turned to the FUT method to hide the scar, but I really don't wish to go that direction as I've heard good and bad about it. My luck, I would be on the bad side. I've heard if done skillfully that the trichophytic method can make all the difference in the appearance of the scar. I understand that a scar cannot be completely removed, but would like it to be less apparent as it looks now. I did go to one plastic surgeon that said the scar is anywhere fro 5-8mm wide. He said he could get it down to maybe 2mm. I didn't have the money at that time but probably would have gone that way if I had, being desperate for a solution.

So, please, if anyone can suggest doctors, clinics and other methods, I would appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time and reading this.

Best Regards,

Kreuzer

Comment

• Kreuzer
        • Jan 2016

Sorry, I meant to say "accepted" up above.

Comment

• GNX
          • Dec 2012

wat do u expect wen a huge chunk of flesh is cut out of the back of ur head? this is why FUE is superior!

Comment

Working...