+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Update

Hi all,

First off, thank you to everyone on this forum for their opinions and suggestions.

I just to provide an update on the state of my scar. Its been approximately 20 months since my last surgery. At this point, I'm done with any further surgeries, other than addressing the scar. I wanted to give my scar ample time to settle down and to assess it after the 1.5 year mark. As you can see from my pictures, there was a great deal of hair which grew back after the shock loss occurred from the last surgery. Still formed some cysts within the scar, which don't seem to heal :-/

I have been looking at the various options that are available to me to address the scar, but am still quite uncertain which route I want to take. I can confirm that I DO NOT want to be cut up again, or even attempt a excision at this point, its just way too risky. If I could go back, I would have taken the FUE route for my last surgery, and left the scar (which was alot better) as is, and not gone for a revision. Well, can't cry over split milk I suppose..

Earlier this year, I looked into SMP from H&W. I went in for a test patch, but didn't pursue the treatment further because unfortunately it looks like the ink did not settle well on my scar, so that is out of the question. At this point, it looks like I'm in line for multiple FUE sessions to fix this mess. Now its a matter of determining who I should be consulting for this..

Any questions, comments, concerns are welcome. Thanks for reading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140821_193827865_HDR.jpg

Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	34371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140821_193900419_HDR.jpg

Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	34372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140821_193913949_HDR.jpg

Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	34373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140821_194020719_HDR.jpg

Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	34374   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140821_194032722_HDR.jpg

Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	34375  

Quote Originally Posted by teg_101 View Post
    Hi all,

First off, thank you to everyone on this forum for their opinions and suggestions.

I just to provide an update on the state of my scar. Its been approximately 20 months since my last surgery. At this point, I'm done with any further surgeries, other than addressing the scar. I wanted to give my scar ample time to settle down and to assess it after the 1.5 year mark. As you can see from my pictures, there was a great deal of hair which grew back after the shock loss occurred from the last surgery. Still formed some cysts within the scar, which don't seem to heal :-/

I have been looking at the various options that are available to me to address the scar, but am still quite uncertain which route I want to take. I can confirm that I DO NOT want to be cut up again, or even attempt a excision at this point, its just way too risky. If I could go back, I would have taken the FUE route for my last surgery, and left the scar (which was alot better) as is, and not gone for a revision. Well, can't cry over split milk I suppose..

Earlier this year, I looked into SMP from H&W. I went in for a test patch, but didn't pursue the treatment further because unfortunately it looks like the ink did not settle well on my scar, so that is out of the question. At this point, it looks like I'm in line for multiple FUE sessions to fix this mess. Now its a matter of determining who I should be consulting for this..

hey teg

also have issue with scar stretch after 2nd FUT

thanks for your post

what did Rahal say about the scar post op?

don't know what to do myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    with the greatest respect matt , i would have to disagree with you , a further revision is high risk , more so when the patient has already stretched on a second strip , the reason i believe we dont see more of these poor revisions on the forums is due to the Drs offering the revision ` free of charge ` and then silencing the patient with legal disclaimers and ` pay offs` again just my opinion

The second point i would address is i have had excellent growth with fue into my huge scars from my former drs , so much so im back in the chair for the third time week on wednesday , low density grafting to start with and establish blood supply , small procedures , small manual punch , excellent Dr with excellent surgical plan has been hugely beneficial to me

regards

ejj
    hi, Who did you go with for fue into your scar?

Hi Unbald,

I had FUE into my scars with Dr Bisanga at BHR.

All the best

ejj

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teg_101 View Post
    Still formed some cysts within the scar, which don't seem to heal :-/

I have been looking at the various options that are available to me to address the scar, but am still quite uncertain which route I want to take. I can confirm that I DO NOT want to be cut up again, or even attempt a excision at this point, its just way too risky.

Our recent patient had a wide strip scar with ingrown hair from another hair transplant clinic. Dr. Cole did a scar revision that addressed the ingrown hair issue. The scar widened back slightly as they commonly do but the area is now level and FUE grafts should provide additional cosmetic improvement. Fortunately our patient has good thick hair and wears it relatively long.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4x4tri-strip with ingrown hairs-repair.jpg

Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	36942

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Hi All,

I am now in the planning stages of having my scar addressed. I had been putting this off for the longest time, but now have come the point where I would really like to have the ability to wear my hair shorter and to minimize the scar itself. Since H&W are now offering FUE, I was looking to have a consultation with them and see what they say.

I have been in touch with a few of the above noted clinics that have been mentioned by other members of the thread. Since this clinic is relatively new to the FUE procedure, would it be wise to consider them at this point, or would it be a gamble?

Hi, I'm new to the forum and seeking advice on the trichophytic (sp?) donor area closure. It seems at one time, this was considered a good way to alleviate the unsightly appearance left from the donor area. I've had 4 transplants and all together about 6200-6400 follicle transplants. My last transplant was in Dec. 2006 here in Indianapolis. Both of the doctors I had are deceased and the clinic no longer exists. I'm looking for a doctor in Indianapolis who is recommended for performing the trichophytic closure. I've had the staple method on the 1st transplant and, thereafter, stitches were used. I'm not happy at all with the coverage of 4 transplants as I just still look like a guy losing his hair. What I'd like to do is buzz my hair down to a size 2-3 trimmer. I feel very self conscious as it stands now even though with the last transplant, the clinic did leave me with one semi-linear scar. I say semi-linear, because at both ends of my scar, it ends in a "v" shape. I've come to the resolution that I've excepted my lack of hair and just will live with it, but would like to buzz it.

I did buzz it once about 5-6 yrs ago and, man, was I self-conscious until my hair grew back enough to cover the scar. I know a lot of guys have turned to the FUT method to hide the scar, but I really don't wish to go that direction as I've heard good and bad about it. My luck, I would be on the bad side. I've heard if done skillfully that the trichophytic method can make all the difference in the appearance of the scar. I understand that a scar cannot be completely removed, but would like it to be less apparent as it looks now. I did go to one plastic surgeon that said the scar is anywhere fro 5-8mm wide. He said he could get it down to maybe 2mm. I didn't have the money at that time but probably would have gone that way if I had, being desperate for a solution.

So, please, if anyone can suggest doctors, clinics and other methods, I would appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time and reading this.

Best Regards,

Kreuzer

Sorry, I meant to say "accepted" up above.

wat do u expect wen a huge chunk of flesh is cut out of the back of ur head? this is why FUE is superior!