+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Future treatments compatibility w/ HTs

Hey all,

I know this info is in these threads somewhere, but I just didn't have the time to hunt so I was hoping that someone would be able to just state the answer concisely. Are any of the developing treatments (Aderans, Replicel, Histogen, etc.) incompatible with a head that's received a transplant?

Additionally, are any of these ineffective once you've lost hair--i.e., can they regrow hair from slick bald?

I'm just concerned because a) I just got 1,500 grafts, and b) I'm worried that losing hair before they are available would make me ineligible.

Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Maradona would know best, but form what I remember he was going to get a Gho treatment and follow it up with an Aderans treatment when it becomes available which is supposed to be in early 2014.

I like the path he's taking, but here's my logic; if the projected date from Aderans in early 2014 should hold true for a commercial product, it is more or less 1-2 years in away for us... if Aderans works (assuming it works well) is there really much of a point in getting a Gho treatment with an Aderans treatment soon after? This is of course assuming Aderans will achieve what Gho can achieve....

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Maradona would know best....
    That is pretty far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Are any of the developing treatments (Aderans, Replicel, Histogen, etc.) incompatible with a head that's received a transplant?
    It is not at all likely that these future treatments would be incompatible with previously transplanted patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is pretty far from the truth.
    Well then, make a suggestion of who might know better? Contribute to the forum rather than impede it.

I agree, its not likely to be incompatible.

Im no expert but here how i look at it, the less invasive the HT is the more chances that future treatments will work better on you.
    Right now the least invasive HT by all means is HST, and that's one of the factors that formed my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Im no expert but here how i look at it, the less invasive the HT is the more chances that future treatments will work better on you.
    Right now the least invasive HT by all means is HST, and that's one of the factors that formed my decision.
    Well aderans is like having a HT. So that leads me to think it will work.

That is to say a HT where they inject follicle cells into your dome as opposed to your existing hair....

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Well aderans is like having a HT. So that leads me to think it will work.

That is to say a HT where they inject follicle cells into your dome as opposed to your existing hair....
    good question - nobody knows which cell transplantation/implantation methods they will finally use.

some snippets from their new patents…
    http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2012/0022433.html

The cells may be implanted into a subject using routine methods known in the art. Various routes of administration and various sites can be used. For example, the cells can be introduced directly between the dermis and the epidermis of the outer skin layer at a treatment site. This can be achieved by raising a blister on the skin at the treatment site and introducing the cells into fluid of the blister. The cells may also be introduced into a suitable incision extending through the epidermis down into the dermis. The incision can be made using routine techniques, for example, using a scalpel or hypodermic needle. The incision may be filled with cells generally up to a level in direct proximity to the epidermis at either side of the incision. In a preferred embodiment, the cells are introduced using a delivery device as described in U.S. Published Application No. 2007/0233038.

In another embodiment, a plurality of small closely spaced perforations is formed in the skin into which the cells are transplanted. For example, the plurality can include at least 10, 50, 100, 500, or 1000 perforations. Each perforation can be filled with a large plurality of cells. The size and depth of the perforations can be varied. The lateral extent of individual perforations can be minimized, and limited to approximately 2 mm or 5 mm. The depth of the perforations can be greater than the full depth of the epidermis, for example, extending at least 1 mm or at least 3 mm into the dermis. The perforations in the skin can be fowled by routine techniques and can include the use of a skin-cutting instrument, e.g., a scalpel, a trocar or a hypodermic needle or a laser (e.g., a low power laser). Alternatively, a multiple-perforation apparatus can be used having a plurality of spaced cutting edges formed and arranged for simultaneously forming a plurality of spaced perforations in the skin. The cells can be introduced simultaneously into a plurality of perforations in the skin.
    whatever method is finally used, it’s indeed like having a hair transplant – just without the KEY-parts for normal and permanent hair growth, namely, the cells' natural and 'healthy' microenvironment (niche) from the aga unaffected donor area.

I don't think anyone really knows for sure. It really could go either way, but I tend to believe it will be compatible with a HT.

But as far as I'm concerned, I would rather, first wait and see what these new treatments can do, in terms of overall growth. If it gives me a full head of hair again, then awesome! If it it still leaves some areas thin/bald, I will look to get a HT(Fue) to fill in those areas.

That's my plan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Hey all,

I know this info is in these threads somewhere, but I just didn't have the time to hunt so I was hoping that someone would be able to just state the answer concisely. Are any of the developing treatments (Aderans, Replicel, Histogen, etc.) incompatible with a head that's received a transplant?

Additionally, are any of these ineffective once you've lost hair--i.e., can they regrow hair from slick bald?

I'm just concerned because a) I just got 1,500 grafts, and b) I'm worried that losing hair before they are available would make me ineligible.

Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

I find it hard to believe that having an HT would mean that any of these treatments would no longer work anywhere on your head. The area you've had a transplant may be affected because of the scar tissue. Which if thats the case, and these new treatments are so great, then you can just use the treatment in a virgin area and transplant for density in the scar tissue area. Although, I think the area of the scar tissue is so small that it will not be a problem. The main point is that we don't know for sure. We dont even know if there will be a treatment come 2014 that works for anyone, nvm former HT patients.