Post op Day #2 - FUE

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northeastguy
    • Feb 2012

Unfortunately White dotting is a reality to anyone who performs FUE and those of us who have it done. Even the Great Bisanga isn't free from its presence...

I've just returned fro, having 2200 fue with dr. Bisanga in brussels belgium and i wanted to share my experience with the community. The purpose of the surgery to re-establish my hair line which was eaten up from a course of accutane i completed.

" I had this HT in April 2010.

I had 1544 grafts, 1 Hair-407, 2 Hair-782, 3 Hair-352 and 4 Hair-3.

Recipient isn't 100%, there are some white dots, but only visible if I were to shave down with no guard on the clippers. I would imagine it's impossible to not get white dots, hair and a small amount of tissue was removed, so it has to leave something behind.

I did have a strip scar and bad grafts from bad UK HT's I had around 200 grafts removed from the hairline, and I had grafts into the strip scar. "

I merely spent 3 minutes to find that so I'm sure there are others out there regarding white dotting with DR's who use very small punches.

The larger the punch size, there is going to be an increase in damage to adjacent grafts but increase risk of graft survival from those grafts harvested. The smaller the punch the higher risk of transection. Personally I can't see any Dr using a .75 punch on any 3-4 hair folicle without doing damage to the graft. Dr Cole used a .85 punch on me and I was very happy with that compromise. We also focused on single and double hair grafts to keep the yield high. To this date, I have no visible scarring or white dotting.

The main problem with the argument about white dotting is the fact that everyone heals differently and this variable makes it very difficult to access. Lets see, how about 100 subjects.... half the donor done with punches <.85mm and the other half >1mm .... that should due.

@ thinningontop... your initial question is about hypopigmentation. Unfortunately, there isn't anything that I'm aware of you can apply topically to help with that post procedure. Aloe is a good choice to help with healing and redness. Individuals with darker skin will have a higher visible rate of hypopigmentation. Acell may also aid in helping with hypopigmentation, one of the reason I choose to add it to my treatment.

would love to see some pics if your willing to share them with the community....Heal well.

Comment

• Sean
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by topcat
      Sorry but I disagree with you completely. A .75 - .85 punch in capable hands will yield at or near 100%. I hope you do not have white dotting but I do not believe that will be the case. The reply is not only for you but for the forum members they need to understand this.

Plenty of pictures out there of heavy white dotting from 1mm punches all one needs to do is a little research.

In my opinion topicals are of no value, when it comes to fue it's about punch size.

This is a great diagram. I had FUE myself and one of the most important things I requested were punch sizes less than 1mm. I had extractions varying .8mm-.9mm . Punch size to me was just one crucial factor I looked into. Depending how a person heals, Dot scarring may be more visible in extractions greater than 1mm. Thicker Hair caliber and density can conceal it better and are factors to consider but lower sized punches usually keep things healthier for the donor area. Not all hair textures /caliber /groupings are suited for smaller sizes though.

OP, I don't think topicals would do much and I would double check with the doc before applying anything. Every skin type is different. But eating healthy/or taking supplements may help with the healing process. MSM, biotin, fish oil are great along with a good healthy diet. What you eat is very important. Good luck.

Comment

• joe1111
        • Apr 2013

Bacitran

I know this thread is years old...but for anyone else who comes along, I just got a FUE and my doctor (Dr Diep in the San Francisco bay area) has given me bacitracin ointment to be applied to the donor area after showering via qtip.

Comment

• gillenator
          • Dec 2008

Congrats Joe, how many FUE grafts did you have done?

Got any B4 and after pics?

If not, wish you great success with the end result and happy growth to you!
          "Gillenator"
          Independent Patient Advocate
          more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• joe1111
            • Apr 2013

Yep over on the hair restoration network .com forum. Look for the post "1500 FUE grafts with Dr. Diep" under the fue section

Comment

• gillenator
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by joe1111
              Yep over on the hair restoration network .com forum. Look for the post "1500 FUE grafts with Dr. Diep" under the fue section
              Will do...
              "Gillenator"
              Independent Patient Advocate
              more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

Working...