+ Reply to Thread

Default Help me! I need some ADVICE!

My hair has been thinning since I have been 15. The reason for the thinning is because when I was young I experimented with alot of hair dye. I had an accident when I was 15. I bleached my hair about 5 times in 1 week because I wasn't happy with the colour. That is when my hair began to thin. Surely 15 is too young for Male Pattern baldness to start? I remember after the last time i bleached my hair, i noticed i could see a bit of my scalp. So I am fully sure my hair loss is because of the hair dye I used. I bleached my hair about 10 times in about 3 years but 4 times in about a week. Today I am 19 and my hair is fairly thin and my hairline is starting to receed a bit. This has really affected my confidence. Would it be possible for my hair to go back to normal? Is it possible that the over usage of hair dye can speed up Male Pattern baldness?

Hair loss can be a painful experience. It is for me.

With that said, perhaps, aim for a healthier diet, and moderate cardio. It may naturally lower DHT. Notice I said 'may'.

Quote Originally Posted by townie View Post
    So I am fully sure my hair loss is because of the hair dye I used.
    At the age of 15, it is very probable that you did damage your hair by over dying and over bleaching. However, the age of 19 is not too early for hereditary hair loss to set in. Whether your long term mistreatment of your hair caused it to start early or not does not matter. Once hereditary hair loss has been triggered into action, you have to deal with it if it bothers you. The best thing for you to do is to stop mistreating your hair and book an appointment with a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

Till then, replace your regular shampoo and conditioner with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner if you haven't already done so. Also get some Nizoral A-D shampoo and use it once a week in place of your regular shampoo.