+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Solution to hair loss, I think.....

So, I figured that FUT and FUE definitely leaves scars on back of head....BUT...

BHT only leaves scars on chest, legs, etc, which are mostly always covered by shirts/pants. etc.

So this way, I get a hair transplant, and I can trim down as far as I want as well!

So, I'd say 1000 grafts from BHT to start and see results...

Any thoughts?

You really want body hair on your head?

Is body hair really that bad? I never saw live patient results in front of me so I wouldn't know

Chest hair is pretty thick on my body and i have plenty of it luckily .

Anyone know if body hair is immune to dht ??

Same here. My chest hair is uber uber thick. It would seem that this hair would never be destroyed by dht, who I really do not know.

Some words of caution-

Body hair has different texture than scalp hair. I have heard people say that body hair grafts on a scalp can almost "disappear" when viewed under bright light or from the other side of a room. Also, I understand the yield is less predictable and generally lower when body hair gets transplanted.
    Another thing to think about. I don't know if you use DHT drugs or plan to, but I have heard some people report significantly reduced body hair with dutasteride/avodart, so if you ever go on that medicine you might see your grafts miniaturize.
    One benefit might be that if you plan to buzz your hair short, it would possibly make up for the difference in texture (and as you say, no scars). However body hair seems to me like a last resort more than a real solution, and with new treatments coming out possibly in the next few years, it would be a shame to regret your decision
    If you do decide to try BHT I think starting with a small session, maybe even smaller than 1000, would be safer. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

vinny, I don't think body hair is sensitive to miniaturization from DHT, but unless Im mistaken, some people do have less body hair as they age.

Edit: one last possible complication. My understanding is that there are very few surgeons in the world reliable with BHT, fewer than the number reliable with HTs (which is not many). So your choice of clinics would be quite limited if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Some words of caution-

Body hair has different texture than scalp hair. I have heard people say that body hair grafts on a scalp can almost "disappear" when viewed under bright light or from the other side of a room. Also, I understand the yield is less predictable and generally lower when body hair gets transplanted.
    Another thing to think about. I don't know if you use DHT drugs or plan to, but I have heard some people report significantly reduced body hair with dutasteride/avodart, so if you ever go on that medicine you might see your grafts miniaturize.
    One benefit might be that if you plan to buzz your hair short, it would possibly make up for the difference in texture (and as you say, no scars). However body hair seems to me like a last resort more than a real solution, and with new treatments coming out possibly in the next few years, it would be a shame to regret your decision
    If you do decide to try BHT I think starting with a small session, maybe even smaller than 1000, would be safer. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

vinny, I don't think body hair is sensitive to miniaturization from DHT, but unless Im mistaken, some people do have less body hair as they age.

Edit: one last possible complication. My understanding is that there are very few surgeons in the world reliable with BHT, fewer than the number reliable with HTs (which is not many). So your choice of clinics would be quite limited if that is the case.
    Do you mean body hair (chest) is curly compared to head hair etc?

Because i have recently read somewhere that this is the general belief which is not true . I.E chest hair turns curly because they grow and stay under clothing but if they were to be planted on the head they would grow differently but saying that how it would work for a guy with curly head hair i dont know

I think Dr. Cole does BHTs, and I know Dr. Umar does too.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    Do you mean body hair (chest) is curly compared to head hair etc?

Because i have recently read somewhere that this is the general belief which is not true . I.E chest hair turns curly because they grow and stay under clothing but if they were to be planted on the head they would grow differently but saying that how it would work for a guy with curly head hair i dont know
    I doubt the difference in hair texture comes from clothing. I think it is genetic. At one time I was wearing hats very often, almost as often as I was wearing clothing, for months. But it did not change the texture of my hair.
    It does seem like if you have curly hair, BHT grafts would blend in better. Also some men have straighter body hair than others. The texture of hair varies from person to person no matter where the hair is growing, so that is definitely something that would affect the final result

FlightTL, it might be worth your time to ask for Dr. Cole's and other doctor's opinions on BHT for your situation. You could also bring up some of the concerns in this thread if you wanted. Emailing might be the way to go so you can get all your questions down, and they will have time to compile a thorough response.

If you so concerned about scars dr. Gho's HST leaves no scars and you still use your donor hair imstead of your body hair.
    BHT could be an option too for buzz cut, but i think if you ever decide to grow your hair it will look unnatural.