+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alanrudy View Post
    and Min was just a mess to put on because I shave my head and didn't want sides with that.
    If the only reason why you avoiding min is because it's a mess, then you might wanna look into the foam version, it dries fast, does not slip over your forhead and very easy and fast to apply specially if you have short/shaved hair.

Thanks for input, I've debated it since the foam came out, but it was also the heart risk, I do exercise quite a bit and heard of some strange side effects with Minox so prefer not to use it. Also, when I used Minox for about a year it only seemed to maintain most of what I had, although not sure how much Minox was responsible for that.

Thanks for input, I've debated it since the foam came out, but it was also the heart risk, I do exercise quite a bit and heard of some strange side effects with Minox so prefer not to use it. Also, when I used Minox for about a year it only seemed to maintain most of what I had, although not sure how much Minox was responsible for that.
    Are there studies regarding minox and excercising ?
    I workout 5 days aweek and if minox will cause threat i might stop it. I only started minox recently and only use it once aday before i go to bed.

I haven't researched that fully but I do remember reading of the sides of rapid heartbeat and there were a couple deaths I believe related to people who had heart problems and were taking minox. I have had rapid heartbeat infrequently and exercise quite a bit so still debating it a little and will talk to doctor, but leaning towards no Minox.

I will look into that. So far i didn't get any sides, i just get a feeling like something walks on my head when i apply it but it's not really bothering me.
    I use it once a day to minimize any potential sides, also it's way more convenient, and many HT doctors say that once a day is enough and will provide the same effect as twice aday.

I heard the headache is more likely from the delivery solution of the rogaine, not the rogaine, or something like that. I agree with once a day, a ht doctor also told me that when I went for a consult several years ago too.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Are there studies regarding minox and excercising ?
    I workout 5 days aweek and if minox will cause threat i might stop it.
    There is no meaningful threat to exercising while using Minoxidil. This is largely fear mongering at work here. I exercise five to six days a week for over an hour each day and I have no troubles.

The possible side effects of Minoxidil are grossly exaggerated and blown out of proportion online. The truth is the possible side effects are mild and well tolerated. Most people who use Minoxidil do not experience the possible side effects. I've been using Minoxidil for years and I've never had a problem with it. The foam is a whole lot better though.

Based on those two deaths, I would say there is a meaningful threat to exercise while on Minoxidil if you may have an existing heart problem, but that is just my opinion.

Based on those two deaths...
    Those two deaths you "believe" may have been related to Minoxidil don't mean anything until facts are known. Even if it is true, it is clearly stated on the bottle that a person with a heart condition should not use Minoxidil. Even if it is true, Minoxidil didn't kill them. Their failure to read the label killed them - or their decision to ignore that information killed them.

Water can be deadly too you know.

Those two deaths you "believe" may have been related to Minoxidil don't mean anything until facts are known. Even if it is true, it is clearly stated on the bottle that a person with a heart condition should not use Minoxidil. Even if it is true, Minoxidil didn't kill them. Their failure to read the label killed them - or their decision to ignore that information killed them.

Water can be deadly too you know.
    I agree, the problem is many heart conditions go undiagnosed, undetected, and untreated for years. Combine that with the reality that not many people will do heart exams before they start rogaine. That's why I disagree in advising there is NO meaningful threat to Minoxidil and exercise. If it were your son, would you stick with the same "there is NO threat to Minoxidil and exercise." or would you revise that statement to "make sure you read about the possible side effects/see a doctor beforehand"?