+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh the irony...

Default Oh the irony...

So, I have been diffusely thinning for about a year or 2, but it was around 6-7 months ago ( during the winter) when I found myself with so much less hair. I wasn't really self conscious about it at that point until a friend of mine ( call him friend 1) made fun of me in front of another friend 2 and was like , omg your balding (he said it in a way where he was pitying me ) and said you wont have anymore hair after university.

Of course this made me really self-conscious about my hairloss and I got to a point where I was thinking of shaving it all off but I looked at myself in the mirror and felt I don't really have the head shape for it. After that I decided to research my options and so discovered many sites including this one which taught me how to fight hair loss.

so anyways throughout the summer I started on rogaine/nizoral regime and a month ago added finasteride ,here is a thread about my results http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9470 .

So what should happen yesterday as I meet that friend 1 having not seeing for the whole summer and also friend 2 was with us, turns out friend 1 started thinning in the crown and of course I noticed that immediately as any hairloss sufferer is quick to notice other peoples hair. I felt it right for me to be the one to tell him " man you are losing your hair" and friend2 also looked at him and confirmed what I said, so friend 1 was like "yeah I am, look whos talking" and so we were in his car and had the bright lights on and he pushed my head down and looked at my crown and were like " your hair improved" friend1 also thought that its because we are in the summer and said wait for the winter, thing is he doesnt know I'm on medication.

How ironic is it that the person who made me self conscious about my hair loss is now suffering from it and will most likely bald faster than me due to me taking medication. He still has a full set of hair aside from the crown thinning, his hair is same quality as justin bieber except now I also think hes lost density and the front and crown but only the crown is noticeable. His hair is also his best quality, if it were to really affect him or he asked me what I did about my hair, then I will tell him about the medications if he doesn't already know about it but other than that, not my problem .

TLR Friend first to make fun of my hairloss, made me self conscious about it, took medications, met him yesterday after 3 months of not seeing him, now hes balding and im not.

100% that this never happened...

eh why would this not happen?? the guy had great hair but his father is bald, so I suppose it just kicked in for him, as for me i've gained a lot of density and you can see the pictures in the thread. Why would I lie?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    100% that this never happened...
    75% of men suffer from hair loss, in reality it is very common

why would he lie? lol glad your happy OP, always stay positive.

Well, its not really happiness ( cant be happy about any sort of hairloss) but its a feeling of karma and that I'm not alone. I really do hope my hair improves much more than this although I am ecstatic with the results and have gotten some comments about my hair.

All I need is some density in the frontal area which I hope I will get in 3 -4 months time as by that time I will have been 6months on rogaine/nizoral and 4-5 months on finasteride.

Despite how he made you feel, it's best to let him know about the treatment options. He is a friend, right?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Highlander is right ! good comment .

I had a ` freind ` say to me last week when i was sat at a bar with two girls
    " hey your going bald on your crown " i replied saying " does that make YOU feel better " the girls laughed ...

Ejj

Karma has a way of switching on you, I think. Someone else's misfortune will befall you some day. SHE is always watching.

Well, his hairloss isnt noticeable yet to normal people, he still has a great head of hair except for losing density at the front and having a small bald spot at the crown.

I doubt his hairloss is affecting him at this point so why bother telling him about treatments where he will most likely make fun of me.

He can google hair loss treatments by himself, doesn't need me.