Threaded View

Default Joe Satriani on Hairloss

Here's a snippet from Satriani about shaving it all off. It's from the mid 90s. I admire his "to hell with it" attitude.

http://www.guitar9.com/interview38.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Randy Allar: I do have to ask, The new look, was it a big change for you? It was shocking for audiences.

Joe Satriani: Certainly, when you shave your head, you feel every little draft. Boy, it's just so different. You get used to it, and there are so many great things about it. Most guys aren't into fussing about their hair, but when you shave your head, you really get rid of all that stuff. I had these snapshots of when I was like ten years old, and I swore I had a bad hair day for 25 years. When I shaved it off, I thought, "I not going to have any more bad hair days."

Randy Allar: Are you going to grow it back?

Joe Satriani: Yeah, I probably will. I think after the Crystal Planet Tour, I'll probably start growing it back.

Randy Allar: Why did you decide to do it?

Joe Satriani: Oh, you know, as far back as about 1986, I started to lose my hair. I thought one of these days you're going to have to stop combing it this way or that way, or stop wearing hair styles that work better for people with a full head of hair. It was a bold move because I'm photographed. I knew people were going to talk about it, but it really was quite simple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if he can do it while being famous, we can too...And he didn't grow it back.