+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

No need to be belittling.

I do believe the jury is still out on the full mode of action of this drug.

Some people take one dose, and they swear it has messed them up for life.

Others like Spencer have been taking it for years with no issues.

Some people find their baldness accelerated on this drug and some grow breasts.

Nobody really knows why results vary.

I will state a simple truth: My hair has stopped falling out on a dose of 2X 0.25mgs of Finasteride in one week. My hair stopped falling out on the days between the first (Thursday morning) and second (Sunday morning) dose. I may not be thickening, but I am maintaining.

I'm not belittling you, I'm just stating a simple fact... That don't know what you are talking about with regards to the drug.

As another point. Have you ever considered the following (and I have NO idea exactly what is going on your life in this regard, but can guess quite accurately that you are fairly high stress and hair obsessed by details of your first post). We all know that stress can be a major factor in hairloss as well. There are many times in a persons life when extreme stress can cause hairloss in people with or without typical allopecia. College exams, sickness or death of a loved one, physical trauma, obsessive worrying. When you took that first .25mg pill you either consciously or unconsciously told yourself that.. "this will stop my hairloss", or something even simpler "now I'm dealing with this problem". As an immediate effect, this could immediately lower your stress levels and hence ameliorate your hair loss. I want to point out that this effect is very real, but has NOTHING to do with the actual taking of the drug. It's the placebo effect of taking medication, which is something I think you may have overlooked.

The other point is, that you are dealing with a whole hormonal system in your body which works in phases that are impossible to manifest in physical appearance so quickly. It's not just my opinion, it's medical science. If you do your research on this drug, you will understand exactly what I am saying. This drug doesn't instantly work like magic, which is what you seem to be describing.

Loomings, after reading your post, I think you might be setting yourself to believe you are getting sides. You stated in your post that you are experiecing mild issues, but you are doing fine on your own every night.

Try not to think too much about taking this drug. My sincere advice is to stay away from hairloss websited the first 6-12months of taking the drug. It will only make matter worse, you will be thinking of it 24/7.

As for the nut discomfort, you can do a simple search on bald truth forum. Most people get this early on, and it goes away.

Whatever you decide it should be your decision. I am not telling you to take the drug or not take the drug. But just know that if you do decide to continue with the drug you are not helping yourself my over analyzing the situtation.