+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Buddy, you must be a completly dellusional to think that 2 weeks or even 2 months on this drug is going to make a noticable positive difference in the look of your hair, or especially how anyone else is going to perceive it. Does anybody even READ the experiences of others in here who have taken propecia??? I've taken this drug mostly on and sometimes with small breaks off of it for the better part of 13 years, and seriously.. with regards to the visible difference the drug is making to your hair in such a short period as 3 weeks time.. it's ridiculous. If anything, what you will begin to notice when you build up enough of the drug in your system, is that you will start to shed more hair than normal (that's lose way more) . This is a sign that the drug is working by encouraging the telogen hairs to shed, and stimulating the folicles to enter a new anagen stage of growth (this is a good sign).

I do believe it is possible to experience any sexual side effects much quicker than you will notice any benefit to your hair.. and I noticed mine within 2 weeks to a month, whereas my hair showed no real noticeable difference until about 4 to 5 months. You may notice that your hair has what I call more "lift" or gets puffier at about a month though, and is less flat looking. This I believe is because the thicker shafts of hair are less eager to lay flat on your head. Again, this is subtle and I don't think you see obvious benefits till several months in. Get a camera, take pictures and document your experience objectively, don't ask others (gf) who are eager to please you if they think your hair looks any different or better (people aren't always objective, cameras are). My experiences here were also with 1mg a day of finast, so I find it especially difficult to see how you are noticing anything with .25 mg as intermittent as 2 times a week.