+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Default Progress after 7 months!

Guys I have returned after 7 months with an update. Please find the photo attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	before and after.jpg

Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	20761  

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Loomings, how are you getting on dude?
    Sorry for being so late getting back to you mate. For some reason I stopped getting email updates for new posts on this thread so I thought people had lost interest in my hairloss so I stopped checking in.

Please see my pic above.....hopefully you will agree that my propecia use has been effective for me. The before shot is about a month before starting propecia. The after shot was taken just now.

I have upped my dosage about 4 months ago and I now take 0.5mg of Fin twice a week (instead of 0.25mg). Sunday and Thursday mornings. I have been incredibly disciplined with this routine and have never missed a dose aside day when I was traveling in China and I forget to take a dose in the morning....so I took it in the afternoon. That's my only slip up thus far.

Propecia has been more effective on my middle and crown area. I would say it's maintained my front hairline with slight thickening at the very least, but definitely more effective at the back with a lot of visible regrowth as you can see.

Side effects. Hmmmmm. To be perfectly honest if they are there, they are not very obvious. I also smoke a lot of weed so that plays with libido, mood etc. All I can say is I still masturbate, and still have sex with as much effectiveness as I did before taking propecia. My ejaculatory volume appears to have decreased....maybe....but my cum isn't watery and still looks normal. Honestly, if i am slightly less horny these days then it's probably not such a bad thing. I am a borderline sex addict anyway so chasing women already takes up far too much of my time.

What I can sincerely say is that the trade off of hair v possible side effects was worth it. I am not nearly as worried about my hair these days and obsessing over my baldness was a completely shitty, depressing experience.

I'm glad you've had good results bro, keep it up

Cheers for the update, seeing progress there. Nice one.

Cheers for the update, seeing progress there. Nice one.
    Cheers. I think catching my baldness relatively early was key. Hopefully this proves that a lower dose is effective not just for maintaining, but re-growing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loomings View Post
    Cheers. I think catching my baldness relatively early was key. Hopefully this proves that a lower dose is effective not just for maintaining, but re-growing too.
    Could be the key mate. I'm one of the older guys around here, 44 tomorrow, started losing around age 27 very very slowly luckily. Think even if I get on fin now it'd be too late.
    I have a lot or hair left tho, and even at this age/stage I care about my looks as I'm still looking good for my years.

On the other hand may just be wiser to say screw it, had a good run and buzz it, dunno really.

Could be the key mate. I'm one of the older guys around here, 44 tomorrow, started losing around age 27 very very slowly luckily. Think even if I get on fin now it'd be too late.
    I have a lot or hair left tho, and even at this age/stage I care about my looks as I'm still looking good for my years.

On the other hand may just be wiser to say screw it, had a good run and buzz it, dunno really.
    That depends man. Passing your thirties the testosterone level in your body reduces considerably thus the dihydrotestosterone conversion is lessened but by that time a good deal of damage is already done. But it depends on your Norwood scale of pattern baldness and what you plan of attack is. I am a NW5 and so far I am gradually reversing out my MPB over near 10 months on Finasteride with coverage returning to the front and crown of my head which were nearly see through bald with sparse peachfuzz hair coverage. Now this hair is darkening and thickening up so at this rate past a year and perhaps sailing onto Dutasteride next I will probably reverse my hair loss back to a NW3 or if I am lucky 2.5 on the scale which frankly would be a success story of epic proportions. The key though is whatever you try to maintain consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    That depends man. Passing your thirties the testosterone level in your body reduces considerably thus the dihydrotestosterone conversion is lessened but by that time a good deal of damage is already done. But it depends on your Norwood scale of pattern baldness and what you plan of attack is. I am a NW5 and so far I am gradually reversing out my MPB over near 10 months on Finasteride with coverage returning to the front and crown of my head which were nearly see through bald with sparse peachfuzz hair coverage. Now this hair is darkening and thickening up so at this rate past a year and perhaps sailing onto Dutasteride next I will probably reverse my hair loss back to a NW3 or if I am lucky 2.5 on the scale which frankly would be a success story of epic proportions. The key though is whatever you try to maintain consistency.
    When will you start Dutasteride?

Quote Originally Posted by Shan View Post
    When will you start Dutasteride?
    More likely in July after a year of gains on Finasteride and seeing responsiveness in the hair I have regained and grown back but still that hair has grown back on my vertex and crown though darkened and grown past the vellus peach fuzz stage has still not caught up in thickness or in density of the hair that was unaffected by baldness in the receptors that had no such DHT sensitivity. That is why I am making that conscious decision to take it up a notch.

But I will also cycle out and wean myself off of Finasteride in the month or two previous to that so that my system is clear for the new drug to take effect and hopefully work its magic

If you have maximum results on Fin, then what can Dut do?
    Can it take you to up another NW level.