+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Curlybird, could you also clarify how many mg you take? Is it 25? or 60?

Ya orotate is supposedly better absorbed by the body as the molecule has a more neutral charge.

I think 60mg orotate = 10mg elemental zinc. Right now I am only taking 60mg orotate but plan to increase that. To what I am not yet sure, but I believe I will be taking as much as 240mg zinc orotate/day, which will be about 40mg elemental zinc per day. That is if there are not side effects from doing so.

Also, I have some chelated copper as zinc and copper compete for absorption. But haven't started taking that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBird View Post
    Ya orotate is supposedly better absorbed by the body as the molecule has a more neutral charge.

I think 60mg orotate = 10mg elemental zinc. Right now I am only taking 60mg orotate but plan to increase that. To what I am not yet sure, but I believe I will be taking as much as 240mg zinc orotate/day, which will be about 40mg elemental zinc per day. That is if there are not side effects from doing so.

Also, I have some chelated copper as zinc and copper compete for absorption. But haven't started taking that yet.
    Thanks I think I may copy I had some success on zinc I think. Since I stopped I haven't felt as good.

Default Curly bird

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBird View Post

Do you gain weight on propecia because of estrogen levels?

I been taking Propecia for six months now, prior to even taking the product I had no idea there were Hair Loss Forums, no idea of possible side effects of Propecia, my transplant doctor suggested I take the drug so I did. He also said to take a good multi vitamin and mineral supplement, so I purchased what I considered a good manufacturer of health products made by Usana.

After reading this thread I looked at the bottle ingredient which have 10 mg of Zinc Citrate in the Usana Chelated Mineral Supplement, along with the Usana Mega Antioxidant Supplements, which has everything from 7,600 IU Beta-Carotene to Chromium and 15 other mineral ingredients. I also take 10,000 mcg Biotin once daily.

I have no side effects whatsoever, possibly because I didn't know they existed, or I'm lucky. But I can relate to the OP thread, my hair loss stopped at an amazing rate after starting the Propecia at 1 mg from the beginning, and then daily.

Since I didn't have any sides because I didn't know there was such a theory, I'm absolutely fine and plan on continuing the product not paying attention to all the people experiencing sides.

Hopefully this was just some information which could help others.

OP can we have an update on your progress please?, thanks.

I found this paragraph on a link within Wiki regarding Propecia interesting.

Finasteride produces a rapid reduction in serum DHT concentration, reaching 65% suppression within 24 hours of oral dosing with a 1-mg tablet.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsa...788s018lbl.pdf

Default My problem is weight gain on propecia

The lowest on it I tried is 1mg per week got weight gain, so I wanna try it's hard to cut but half a qauter tablet twice,a week and what supplments I could take to stop estrogen levels?

Loomings, how are you getting on dude?

Loomings, how are you getting on dude?

Probably 'having a massive wanking session' again pmsl

Is this guy for real?

On a serious note, I think most of the stuff is in looming's head at this stage. I support the theory that sides and benefits come in time.
    I've taken it for 10 years, you could say at the rate of loss I was having before taking it to rate of loss I had since, proves that it saves hair but how you'd qualify that as efficiency over time I have no idea. One thing is for sure, it took 8 years until the sides became apparent and I'm absolutely incredulous at the statistics given regarding likelihood of side effects. If the actions of the ever changing warning material is anything to go by (it seems to be changed regularly) then I'd take the alleged low chance of sides with a pinch of salt.