+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    This is absolutely shocking advice. Do not take Propecia at all if you suffered sides on 0.25mg every few days. You were cautious and discovered it's not good for you, so back the heck away from it. Anything else would be sheer lunacy.
    Oh, I know.. What SHOCKING advice... that I tell him to STFU and take the prescribed dosage for a short period to EVALUATE ACCURATELY ANY SIDE EFFECTS before coming to a forum and cawing about how taking only 3 doses of .25mg finasteride has cured his hair loss!!!! Positively SHOCKING!!!! Isn't it even more shocking that the doctor gave him a prescription in the first place with the advised doseage of 1mg/day? That's just shocking!!!

Really.... are you guys for real? Do they even teach science and rational thinking in schools anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    Oh, I know.. What SHOCKING advice... that I tell him to STFU and take the prescribed dosage for a short period to EVALUATE ACCURATELY ANY SIDE EFFECTS before coming to a forum and cawing about how taking only 3 doses of .25mg finasteride has cured his hair loss!!!! Positively SHOCKING!!!! Isn't it even more shocking that the doctor gave him a prescription in the first place with the advised doseage of 1mg/day? That's just shocking!!!

Really.... are you guys for real? Do they even teach science and rational thinking in schools anymore?
    You seem pretty certain on this drug's mode of action. You're doing better than most, if not all (Doctors included) in your understanding of this drug.

That's enough for me to call into question your motives for posting in my thread- Especially as your wording indicates to me you're having a bit of a tantrum.

It seems very apparent to me (and I'm not alone) there is still a lot we don't know about how this drug is effecting us- for better or worse. I'm inclined to think it is doing something negative to my genitals- but that's pure conjecture.

Perhaps it upsets you that thus far I am experiencing very good results (touch wood). There is plenty of evidence to suggest that a one-size-fits-all 1mg dose is going to be too little for some, just right for others, and far too much for yet another proportion of users.

I suspect, without doing any tests, that my endocrine system is more finely balanced than most other users (would explain my naturally depressive tendancy, mood swings etc)- perhaps this is coupled with my hair being extremely sensitive to DHT and therefore being more responsive to its suppression- Again this is unqualified conjecture on my part. Put simply, I don't know why this is happening to me. I was hoping to find an answer here.

I care about my dick and my brain and I was prudent in my intial dose. I did not expect results from the current levels of Finasteride I am taking. The dose of 0.25mgs twice a week was purely to test for side effects.

I won't spend too much time trying to convince you otherwise. I will spend it enjoying my current results instead!

The purpose of this post was to let other people who are considering a smaller dose know that 0.25mg twice a week has worked for me.

I will be posting immediately if things take a turn for the worse- and believe me, I'm prepared for that if/when it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Loomings View Post
    Thanks Gutted,

My research into reflex hyperandorgencity all seems to indicate that it is very rare.

I've found nothing to suggest that this is something I should count on happening.

One source called Dr Patel actually mentions that this condition seems to manifest more in people using alternate DHT blockers.

Just a quick update on my hair. Have noticed a tiny bit of shed...but all the hairs that come out seem to be very short, stumpy and very thin. Not long ones. Maybe my scalp is ditching the crappy hairs to make way for more luxurious ones?

There is not much shedding at all though, very mild. In all hair still looks fuller, healthier and getting better all the time.

Update on sides- they have lessened. Still odd twitches and pangs in my testicles, but libido still there. If anything Fin is helping me last longer. Was going at it with my gf for 1.5 hours on the weekend. Lost wood a few times but not significant, got back into it quickly.

In all, side effects not noticeable enough for me to question much...yet.

Still very happy with obvious positive effect on my hair.

glad to hear it loomings, hope the progress continues without any adverse sides. As for Reflex hyperandrogenicty, its possible it only occurs in a minority of people who take the drug and you will probably be fine on it. The fact that you are taking a lower dose than usuall may help alot to avoid this issue.

Keep us updated.

Gutted have you ever contemplated taking Finasteride?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Gutted have you ever contemplated taking Finasteride?
    NEVER!!!

IMO its a pointless drug. It doesnt work the way people think it works...
    it alters your natrual hormonal balance (which takes time 1/2 years) and IMO makes you at increased risk of reaching advanced stages of mpb...not proven of course.

Topical Fin/dut is probably a better option.

I have been considering the same thing as Loomings. Not only to save money, but because 1/4mg is about 6/7 as effective as 1mg/5mg in terms of the dose-response curve.

I too got side effects right away. My understanding lately has been that estrogen dominance leads to sexual side effects, and that inhibiting the aromatase enzyme may alleviate the side effects.

Henceforth, I have purchased 200 x 60mg zinc orotate and I think I am going to go for it. Arimidex would be my next option. I don't like the idea of taking multiple enzyme inhibitors but I don't like the idea of losing my hair either. Like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBird View Post
    I have been considering the same thing as Loomings. Not only to save money, but because 1/4mg is about 6/7 as effective as 1mg/5mg in terms of the dose-response curve.

I too got side effects right away. My understanding lately has been that estrogen dominance leads to sexual side effects, and that inhibiting the aromatase enzyme may alleviate the side effects.

Henceforth, I have purchased 200 x 60mg zinc orotate and I think I am going to go for it. Arimidex would be my next option. I don't like the idea of taking multiple enzyme inhibitors but I don't like the idea of losing my hair either. Like at all.
    Curlybird can you let me know how you get on. I'd prefer email: 19chris83@gmail.com.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Curlybird can you let me know how you get on. I'd prefer email: 19chris83@gmail.com.
    I will probably post my results publicly.

I have read a couple accounts that those with post-finasteride sexual side effects feel some relief by taking zinc. It is really quite cheap, I suggest you pick up a bottle of orotate and experiment.

As of right now, I am slowly weaning myself onto the Zinc. I haven't begun taking any finasteride yet.

I've been taking 1X25mg dose of Zinc directly after each dose of 0.25mg of Fin.

Also, quick update- I appear to be starting a shed. However, all the hairs that are coming out are really fine and crappy. I don't appear to be losing density. Most noticeable shed when i shampoo- A lot of loose hairs in my hands after rubbing scalp (between 6-10 hairs).

As for sides- I'm still getting odd pains/pangs in my testicles. Still masturbating heaps (3 times last Saturday) so no obvious effect on libido. Penis does feel a bit less sensitive- But could be all in my head though. The mind is indeed powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyBird View Post
    I will probably post my results publicly.

I have read a couple accounts that those with post-finasteride sexual side effects feel some relief by taking zinc. It is really quite cheap, I suggest you pick up a bottle of orotate and experiment.

As of right now, I am slowly weaning myself onto the Zinc. I haven't begun taking any finasteride yet.
    Fair enough. Any reason it needs to be orotate? Something to do with better absorption?