+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    Yes, I look like Kim kardashian now. I plan to stop this crap. This is not a viable solution.

Nice, mmmm hmmm.

I'm on 0.25 mg EOD from 4 month and it completely stop my hair loss so stop saying sh*t. It works, probably not for everyone, but it works.

Fin reduce DHT for 48h at almost the same amount so no problem and 0.25mg is at least 50% as powerful as 1mg.

And I have some sides too: testicular pain, breast sensibility and weight gain.

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

You did not actually read the package insert for Finasteride?

Pharmacokinetic data

Bioavailability
    63%

Metabolism
    Hepatic

Half-life
    Elderly: 8 hours
    Adults: 6 hours

Excretion
    Feces (57%) and urine (39%) as metabolites

I tested FIN every third day was fine, anything over 3 days my itch would come back. Iv been on FIN EOD and been doing fine.

From a doctor on another website:

The average serum "half-life" of finasteride 1mg is about 5 hours in young men and 8 hours in older men. This does not mean that half of the medicine is out of your body in that time period though. The finasteride molecule is distributed throughout the body where it binds to the type II 5-alpha-reductase enzyme, thereby inhibiting conversion of testosterone to dihydrotesterone. Serum DHT is reduced about 65%, and less DHT means less balding. But several studies show that a single dose of finasteride suppresses serum DHT for 7 days or more (Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 1991 Jan-Mar;16(1):15-21, J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1990 Apr;70(4):1136-41, Prostate. 1989;14(1):45-53). So the finasteride is leaving the bloodstream, entering the tissue throughout the body, and binding to the typeII 5AR enzyme, resulting in long lasting DHT suppression.

I do not "recommend" my patients take finasteride daily, every other day, twice weekly, etc. Rather I feel it is my duty as their doctor to advise them of the known facts about this medication. Most of my patients choose to take it on a Mon-Wed-Fri schedule, which is rational from my point of view. Many of my younger patients take it daily 'just to be sure' while my older patients are happy to take it two or three times a week. There are no clinical studies showing that less than daily dosing is as effective at treating hair loss as daily dosing and for obvious financial reasons, the pharmaceutical company making finasteride has no incentive to fund such a study.

Look, doctors can say what they want. I've done the blood test (serum) taking finasteride every other day and 1 day after taking the dose, the DHT was already on high again.

People may feel some improvement and I believe, for 7 days a week if you use 2 times a week, you'll be the other 5 with high DHT. At least 2 days of the week you will remove some DHT. This gives 96 days per year, which is not bad.

Some people even using Finasteride every day (and doing tests to find it) can download the DHT to an acceptable level, who uses 1 or 2 times a week, will never achieve this.

Here I make a bet with you.
    Who want to use this way, MAKE TESTS BLOOD. Then post the results here. You will see that does not work.

Talking about A or B without doing any blood work and believe that it works, is the same as believing in Santa Claus, I'm sorry.

So Julio, have you had persistant side effects after quitting Finasteride? How many times have you tried the drug yourself?

I like your posts and believe you talk sense, do you work in the medical field at all?

Something is wrong with your blood test. With 1mg ED you have a strong decrease in testo and an increase DHT. This is a complete non sense.

Maybe you are playing too much with your hormones and different products.

And DHT does not return to its baseline in only 24h.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    So Julio, have you had persistant side effects after quitting Finasteride? How many times have you tried the drug yourself?

I like your posts and believe you talk sense, do you work in the medical field at all?
    I tried using the product 3 times. I do not work in the medical field. I believe I managed to recover about 85% of what I was before the medication, and it took at least another 6 months. There are many people on the forum here in Brazil (over 8000 participants) had irreversible side effects and still failed to recover.

I see thanks, yeah persistant sides are a big worry for me.

What sides did you experience that made you try it three times unsuccessfully?

Something is wrong with your blood test. With 1mg ED you have a strong decrease in testo and an increase DHT. This is a complete non sense.

Maybe you are playing too much with your hormones and different products.

And DHT does not return to its baseline in only 24h.
    kissmyscalp , DHT returns to its level before 24 hours. Both testosterone and the DHT hormones are very dynamic , they vary quickly up and down.

If you collect the blood in the morning and afternoon , may be surprised at the difference in the results because all day these hormones rise and fall, so without having to use any medication.

Of course there is much good sense in believing in the package leaflet saying that the half - life of the drug is about 6-8 hours.

When you use Finasteride and suppresses DHT , you can have an increase in testosterone or 17 beta - estradiol . Generally the testosterone that was not converted to DHT by the 5AR turns into a bit of estradiol and it is easy to be felt by some, which is the famous Gynecomastia .

I had no drop in testo used as Finasteride , however , in my tests, at the time I used 0.5 mg of finasteride every day, I had an increase in testosterone by 32% .

Want further proof that DHT quickly returns to its original level within a few hours ? I'll give you an example . Female Contraception .

The Contraceptive contains " ingredients " that reduce the release of follicle- stimulating and luteinizing hormones . If the woman does not take all day ( even at the right time ) , does not work properly . It is very similar to DHT. The body does not take days to raise their level, it does not exist.

What could perhaps be used for a "long period" would be this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome...-baldness.html

But there chances of you having side effects for years, since the drug is in your body all this time.