+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GYM vs Hairloss

Default GYM vs Hairloss

Ok, does anyone know...I mean KNOW what the likelyhood and/or evidence is there to support that working out, lifting weights specifically, will cause you to shed more hair than you otherwise would????

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    It raises test levels, so sure if you're susceptible it could POSSIBLY increase the rate you lose your hair.

But frankly it won't cause you to lose your hair, nor will it make any noticeable difference imo.

well I am a diffuse NW2 (v likely destined for NW6) on fin so yeh I am susceptible and accept that my progression even with the fin will probably not finish until im a 6. So I want to know how much is pumping iron going to speed up my MBP while im on fin? is that even possible to answer?

Thumbs up

Hi

I have done a fair bit of research on this myself. In summary, as long as you adopt a healthy balanced diet and incoporate a varied training regime that also includes cardio workouts, then you should be ok.

Personally, I would avoid creatine or other supplements to augment your gains. Follow these rules and in the majority of cases, I would say that exercise is actually good for you. Bear in mind that serious bodybuilding, (use of extremely heavy weights and steroids) is a no no in regards to avoiding hairloss. Many bodybuilders take DHT blockers (including Finasteride) to avoid losing hair, even if their genetic disposition to shed hair isn't that strong. I think that speaks for itself.

Conventional wisdom indicates that the temporary "spike" in testosterone levels experienced post workout, should not cause an adverse effect on your hair situation (especially if you are on Propecia).

Of course, there are those that would disagree but I can certainly vouch for the validity of my points on a personal level as I am an exponent of these theories and found them to work in practice over several years.

Good luck with your training!

You will be ok on Fin. But it will probably hinder your gains in the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Fin stops mpb or causes regrowth for over 90% of the people that take it. What makes you think your case won't be like that?
    My hairloss is already a NW6 pattern but as it's diffuse my hair line is still AT NW2. Tbh this says to me that one day il; be NW6 but even though the fin should slow the progression for now, i personally don't think that fins strong enough for me over a longer time line. That being said i have lost almost no hair since going on it 18 months ago so there's some hope.

also highlander, im pretty sure 90% do not experience regrowth, i think 90% see some effect on their hair after taking it but this certainly does not mean regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    You will be ok on Fin. But it will probably hinder your gains in the gym.

if anything fin creates more free testosterone in your body so this would be good for gains..

I rather have my hard earn muscle physic then to lose it and be weak and defenseless. Even though I'm still a N1.5 with minor thinning in my hairline. I notice more girls are into that, then skinny or fat guys. I do think creating is part of it. I've been taking that stuff for over 4 years, pretty much every time I work out, 2 scoops a day. NOW, I'm using less, half a scoop 4 times a week when I weight lift like a beast. I notice when using less creating my shedding wasn't has been when I started using N.0. explode or jack3d.

I can't weigh in on finasteride's potential impact on strength training/gains, but from what I've read and from what I've been told by doctors, weight lifting isn't going to impact your hair loss. It does cause temporary testosterone spikes post-working, but those levels subside quickly and aren't sufficient to have an adverse impact on your hair. I asked one surgeon about creatine consumption, and he didn't think it was a problem as long as I stayed within the recommended dosage (5mg)--he actually was more concerned about the impact on my liver, which is a completely different issue. Another surgeon said, flatly, "creatine kills hair." So take your pick. Personally, I stopped creatine use, as well as my favorite pre-workout supplement, Jack3d. It's a sacrifice, because creatine really is the king of strength/size supplements, but I value my hair more. And hey, it's not like you can't be yoked without creatine--it's just a bit tougher, and makes diet more important.

My personal recommendation would be to keep up the weight training, ditch the creatine, and get onto a healthy diet of clean, whole foods.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    I can't weigh in on finasteride's potential impact on strength training/gains, but from what I've read and from what I've been told by doctors, weight lifting isn't going to impact your hair loss. It does cause temporary testosterone spikes post-working, but those levels subside quickly and aren't sufficient to have an adverse impact on your hair. I asked one surgeon about creatine consumption, and he didn't think it was a problem as long as I stayed within the recommended dosage (5mg)--he actually was more concerned about the impact on my liver, which is a completely different issue. Another surgeon said, flatly, "creatine kills hair." So take your pick. Personally, I stopped creatine use, as well as my favorite pre-workout supplement, Jack3d. It's a sacrifice, because creatine really is the king of strength/size supplements, but I value my hair more. And hey, it's not like you can't be yoked without creatine--it's just a bit tougher, and makes diet more important.

My personal recommendation would be to keep up the weight training, ditch the creatine, and get onto a healthy diet of clean, whole foods.
    I agree - a healthy balanced diet can provide all the protein needs required!

[QUOTE=win200;79787
    ditch the creatine/QUOTE]

easier said than done lol have you tried only using half a scoop during your work outs? I only use creating 4 times, it totals up to 2 scoops a week. I don't take it when I'm working out the legs, running, push ups, sit ups, and pull ups.

plus i use this

http://www.primordialperformance.com...ver-juice.html

so it won't harm my live has much, especially when I'm drinking alchy.