Is Rogaine likely to mess up future treatments? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    593

    Default Is Rogaine likely to mess up future treatments?

    Meaning if started minoxidil and continued with it for a few years, would it somehow make leading treatments -if proved to be successful- such as replicel ineffective because your hair would have developed a dependence on minoxidil?

    Or would you have to keep on applying minoxidil regardless? Or would you be able to stop minox and the treatment from replicel, andreans would most likely maintain the hair grown with minox?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    doubtful, if anything future treatments could be combined with minoxidil(I.E PGD2 ) to make it work even better.

    There's nothing in my opinion that's very permanent about minoxidil anyway.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    doubtful, if anything future treatments could be combined with minoxidil(I.E PGD2 ) to make it work even better.

    There's nothing in my opinion that's very permanent about minoxidil anyway.
    Does your hair not develop a dependency to minox? Just from what I have read about people having a massive shed after quitting or reducing minox?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Does your hair not develop a dependency to minox?
    Hair that has grown back from using Minoxidil might be somewhat dependent on the medication. However, there is no compelling evidence to suggest that any of the rest of your hair becomes dependent on Minoxidil. Either way I feel dependency, if any, can be reduced by tapering off of the medication slowly over time.

    The massive shed that can happen when stopping Minoxidil can also be avoided by tapering off the medication slowly over time. As long as you are taking Finasteride to prevent further loss, much of the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil should remain. However, if you are not taking Finasteride the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil will shed out eventually and you will return to the hair loss state you were in before treated it.

    To answer the original question though, no it is not at all likely that using Minoxidil will "mess up" future treatments.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hair that has grown back from using Minoxidil might be somewhat dependent on the medication. However, there is no compelling evidence to suggest that any of the rest of your hair becomes dependent on Minoxidil. Either way I feel dependency, if any, can be reduced by tapering off of the medication slowly over time.

    The massive shed that can happen when stopping Minoxidil can also be avoided by tapering off the medication slowly over time. As long as you are taking Finasteride to prevent further loss, much of the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil should remain. However, if you are not taking Finasteride the hair that grew back from using Minoxidil will shed out eventually and you will return to the hair loss state you were in before treated it.

    To answer the original question though, no it is not at all likely that using Minoxidil will "mess up" future treatments.
    I used Rogain foam 4months, It was Great result and my hair was so thick and reduced hair loss. However after that i went to holiday couple month without use them as i forgotten. My hair was mess up really badly, burning, hair off a lots and so itchy. I know it sound weird but it happened to me. After i came back from holiday i tried use it again for 6months and result not good but it does help reduce hair loss.

    I haven't use rogain foam couple week now and I'm thinking to try again now do it properly and drink lots of water too.. Plus i will use Seven sea.

  6. #6
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    Plus i will use Seven sea.
    what's seven sea?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    what's seven sea?
    Seven sea it a cod liver oil. healthy vitamins and info http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...cod-liver-oil/

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John1 View Post
    However after that i went to holiday couple month without use them as i forgotten. My hair was mess up really badly.
    As I have said many many many times now, it is not a good idea to stop using Minoxidil abruptly. If you need to stop using Minoxidil, taper off of it slowly over time. Never stop abruptly like that.



    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    what's seven sea?
    It's a multivitamin product. If you want to use something like that, just get Nature's Bounty's "Hair, Skin & Nails" multivitamins. It is not at all likely to help, but I can't hurt you. I use it myself because you just never know.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Breaking Bald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At wits end...
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Thanks for the replies.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    When I used rogaine I had a horrible shed that forced me to stop using.

    The same happened with finasteride and I didnt grow any of the hair back.

    God I hope Replicel works with decent hair transplant. This has to be the next step right? I mean if you can transplant follicles why not cells?

Similar Threads

  1. Questions about future treatments or micropigmentation
    By alanrudy in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM
  2. Recap of all future treatments
    By Gjm127 in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM
  3. Quick question about all these future treatments
    By goldbondmafia in forum Cutting Edge / Future Treatments
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 11:29 AM
  4. Will getting a hair transplant cause future problems for future treatments?
    By since13 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 06:09 AM
  5. Status of Potential Future Treatments
    By baldingpittfan in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 05:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 03:36 PM
Last Post By uniacc
Today 03:33 AM
Adventure Games
Yesterday 11:32 PM
by vobejoh
Last Post By vobejoh
Yesterday 11:32 PM
Octordle game - it will surprise you
08-04-2022 12:43 AM
by Silajay
Last Post By Filip Brains
Yesterday 10:00 AM
Dr. Bhatti |IAHRS member | Patient Result | 2231 FUE |12 moths post op
10-10-2019 01:13 AM
by Spex
Last Post By Rodneyy
Yesterday 05:18 AM
There's an app for that...
07-11-2014 10:31 AM
Last Post By andersenin
Yesterday 05:15 AM