+ Reply to Thread

Default Spencer, can you send Joey to the Netherlands?

Hi everyone,

Listening to the Bald Truth broadcast the other week it was sad to hear Joey say that if the cure for baldness comes out in a few years time that he will be an old man by then and won't have the opportunity to enjoy having hair at a young age.

I have a suggestion:

It seems that the jury is out on Dr Gho's treatment, if it works it could be the "cure" for hairloss, but the problem is none of us here really knows if it works or not.

Spencer, you always say that when the "cure" for hairloss comes out you will pay for Joey to get treated. This is a very kind offer from you and shows what a great guy you are. However, who knows when this cure will be on the market, there is a chance we are all still waiting in 10 years time. Are you able to organise and pay for Joey to be seen by Dr Gho instead? It is obvious from Joey's voice that he is interested in what Dr Gho says he has to offer and is keen to see him. Rather than waiting years and years for the "cure" to arrive can't we send Joey to Dr Gho now? We can then all find out if Dr Gho's treatment works or not as Joey can report back to the show on whether it works.

If it doesn't work then Joey won't have lost anything, and if it does work then he will have the head of hair he has always wanted and the hair loss community will learn more about Dr Gho and his treatment.

If Dr Gho really wants the opportunity to demonstrate to the world that his treatment works then he will perhaps even do the treatment for free. If he doesnt want to treat Joey then it probably means his treatment doesn't work and so we can all move on and forget about him.

What does everyone think?

I second that, this would be a great thing for Joe from staten island. Joe deserves to have his hair fixed poor guys calls the show every time trying to help everyone else bringing whatever breaking news is out there he deserves a fix. It's time someone helps him out and get him fixed so he can move on and continue his days living a normal life. I say if Joe wants to see dr.gho Spencer should be kind hearted enough to set that up for him and judging by Spencer's personality on the show he seems like a kind guy that genuinely cares about joe.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromUK View Post
    If Dr Gho really wants the opportunity to demonstrate to the world that his treatment works then he will perhaps even do the treatment for free. If he doesnt want to treat Joey then it probably means his treatment doesn't work and so we can all move on and forget about him.

it think dr. gho and his existing patients will move on with hst simply 'as is' - with, or without Joey.

I don't think Joe will go for it. He’s been saying for years that unless he can regain a full head of hair he will never be happy. I've been listening to the show forever. Spencer has offered to send him to anyone in the world for hair transplantation, a hair piece or anything and Joe will not take him up on the offer. Since getting decent coverage could take many years with Gho, there I no way Joe would do it. If I remember correctly I think I heard Spencer make the offer to Joe a few years ago, since Joe said he was willing to be a guinepig for things. Joe said he didn't want to do it.

Thumbs up

I used to really dislike Joe from staten island, not on a personal level as I do not know him, but rather as a character of this hairloss world if you will. I thought he was really OTT about hairloss and way out of line saying his health was not as important as his hair etc. However after listening to him week after week on the show I started to really feel for the guy and realise that this shit can really **** people up.

I am surprised that Joe hasn't had a transplant (although im not sure of this) at least then with the use of concealers he wouldn't look like a NW6, more like a NW2 with thinning hair. I am really curious as to what the hell Dr Gho can come up with and would love to watch some live stream of joe being the first person that to successfully try it out.

Joe has had a hair transplant and he got screwed. Poor Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromUK View Post
    Hi everyone,

Listening to the Bald Truth broadcast the other week it was sad to hear Joey say that if the cure for baldness comes out in a few years time that he will be an old man by then and won't have the opportunity to enjoy having hair at a young age.

I have a suggestion:

It seems that the jury is out on Dr Gho's treatment, if it works it could be the "cure" for hairloss, but the problem is none of us here really knows if it works or not.

Spencer, you always say that when the "cure" for hairloss comes out you will pay for Joey to get treated. This is a very kind offer from you and shows what a great guy you are. However, who knows when this cure will be on the market, there is a chance we are all still waiting in 10 years time. Are you able to organise and pay for Joey to be seen by Dr Gho instead? It is obvious from Joey's voice that he is interested in what Dr Gho says he has to offer and is keen to see him. Rather than waiting years and years for the "cure" to arrive can't we send Joey to Dr Gho now? We can then all find out if Dr Gho's treatment works or not as Joey can report back to the show on whether it works.

If it doesn't work then Joey won't have lost anything, and if it does work then he will have the head of hair he has always wanted and the hair loss community will learn more about Dr Gho and his treatment.

I believe joe suggested he was interested and spencer deterred him saying he didn't want joe to be a "Guinea pig"

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    . However after listening to him week after week on the show I started to really feel for the guy and realise that this shit can really **** people up.

You know, like I always say, the problem with people, almost all people, is that they expect every one else to react to a certain problem the same way they (the people) react to it. Meaning, if someone doesn't care about his hair loss and is not affected (mentally or otherwise) by it, he thinks and EXPECTS every one else to be the same way, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE as we all are different and we react differently to the same exact situation. This is a simple FACT of life but people because of their narrow-mindedness they just refuse to see it.

I have been suffering SILENTLY -because I know people won't understand it if I told them- for most of my life and have seen my life slip away because of hair loss and BDD. I'm literally living in a prison without walls. I have never been able to live a normal life even for a day. I mostly live like a hermit. I can't even begin to describe the impact of this curse (hair loss) on my whole life. Every second is nothing but suffering and depression. To someone reading this I might sound like I'm crazy, but again, that would be because of their narrow-mindedness. The simple fact is that I -or Joe or whoever- DON'T choose to be like this. Just like someone doesn't give a fcuk about their hair loss, someone else can be suicidal about it. We don't know why people react differently to the same situation but we do know they just DO.
    It's just like people who have phobia problems. We know -and they probably know- their fear is irrational but they CAN'T do anything about it. To us, we think they're crazy because we happen to not fear spiders or snakes for example but to them they'd be paralyzed with fear. Again, same situation yet two totally different reactions. We can't understand why they react that way and they can't understand why we don't react the same way.

So yeah, I totally understand Joe and in fact when I'm listening to him sometimes it feels like I'm the one talking. I totally understand how he cannot get past the hair loss thing. He sees his hair loss as an obstacle that stands between him and every thing else that life has to offer. THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I SEE IT TOO. It's hard to understand but hair loss can overshadow everything else in someone's life, and I and Joe and many others happen to be among those unlucky ones.