Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ramazan
    • Aug 2011

****ing rogaine sides!

Ok this rogaine shit is pissing me off! Sure this piece of shit is working all right, but now thx to this shit medicine i have damn hairy ears and a hairy back! WTF!?! Anyone else with these side effects? And any ideas on how to avoid them?
  • NotBelievingIt
    • Oct 2011

lol wat?

The stuff goes on your head you know. Its not going to move to your ears or your back. The dilation capabilities of Minox are not going to extend further then maybe an inch or so from the application site.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

Dude, you're not supposed to bathe in it.

Comment

• Ramazan
        • Aug 2011

guys i'm serious. After starting using it , i have gotten a bit more hairy. It's just damn annoying. I didn't have these hairs in my ear or on my back prior to using this shit.

Comment

• Ramazan
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Ramazan
          guys i'm serious. After starting using it , i have gotten a bit more hairy. It's just damn annoying. I didn't have these hairs in my ear or on my back prior to using this shit.
          PS: hmm could using too much of it cause this? (six pushes seems to be the normal dose, but i tend to use like 7-8 pushes of teh spray)

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Anyone else with these side effects?
            Watch your language. That nonsense is not needed or appreciated.

I do not believe your use of Rogaine is causing this. These are normal things for males as they get older. So you would likely develop those traits even if you had never used Rogaine. It is far more likely a coincidence and nothing more.

Comment

• ppxrare
              • Feb 2012

I experienced the same thing, hair ear lobes and hairy ears, and growth next to the eye. I think for me was because I used too much of it, the first 2 months I was using it for the frontal scalp and vertex, and put few drops over my beard everyday.

Now I only use it once a day , front and vertex only. think the hairy ears may have decreased.

Comment

• mpb47
                • Apr 2012

Ok this rogaine shit is pissing me off! Sure this piece of shit is working all right, but now thx to this shit medicine i have damn hairy ears and a hairy back! WTF!?! Anyone else with these side effects? And any ideas on how to avoid them?
                Is your loss aggressive and in the crown area? I know this sounds crazy but years ago a friend told me to watch my ears/nose for signs of hair growth because she had seen both her older brother and BF/Husband start growing hair there shorting before their mpb really kicked in. She said if I ever saw that, then a bald spot would not be too far behind. Shortly after I turned 36 I started sprouting hair in my ears and even my nose and about 6 months later I was developing the outline around my vertex. She had also insisted that I had the extremely gradual mpb just like her brother.He had about 20 years of extremely gradual recession (but no where else) before his vertex ever started. She said I wound be the same way and it would take many years to be noticeable, but at the same time my mpb would basically be unstoppable till I became pretty bald. So far that has been surprising accurate of what has happened to date. I doubt there is no real scientific explanation for this but it is weird how accurate what she said nearly 20 years ago has come true.

Also when I was about 26 a childhood friend commented that I had an overdeveloped beard and depite having as thick if not thicker hair than she did (she examined me) that I would probably start developing a vertex spot in about 10years. Said it would start on the right side in the back then spread to the left. To this day I can't understand how anyone could predict any of this just on nose hair or having an overdeveloped beard but so far their predictions have been very actuate. I just wish I knew how they knew what i didn't, esp both being women.

Comment

• dex89
                  • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ppxrare
                  I experienced the same thing, hair ear lobes and hairy ears, and growth next to the eye. I think for me was because I used too much of it, the first 2 months I was using it for the frontal scalp and vertex, and put few drops over my beard everyday.

Now I only use it once a day , front and vertex only. think the hairy ears may have decreased.
                  yeah, I also notice hairy ear lobes, lol my ex was always telling me to shave it off but really didn't pay much attention to it until now. I also notice I'm getting chest hairs, oh yeah

Comment

• Ramazan
                    • Aug 2011

Man this really sucks! I have pretty thick hair on my body, and it has only gotten thicker :-(

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                      Watch your language. That nonsense is not needed or appreciated.

I do not believe your use of Rogaine is causing this. These are normal things for males as they get older. So you would likely develop those traits even if you had never used Rogaine. It is far more likely a coincidence and nothing more.
                      I do not think that this is nonsense, when you use rogaine on a bald head with you fingers this stuff goes in the the system and when you rub it, some of ends down your neck and ears. I had the exact same problem with hair on neck ears and back. To make it even more suspicious the left side (the hand i used to rub the foam with) was a lot worse on my shoulder, neck, and back. With that said, i think that it is a good point, that when you start loosing hair on the head, hair on the body starts to develop. If you use propecia this will reverse the process, you body hair is weakened and head hair is stronger, it is all about hormones.

Comment

• Tracy C
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Tiger norwood's
                        I do not think that this is nonsense...
                        I was talking about the use of bad language. It is not needed and it is not appreciated.

I believe it is more likely that since he is male and he is at the age that a males hormones start to change that this is the reason for the extra hair elsewhere. Yes it is about hormones. Minoxdiil does not do anything with hormones.

Comment

• Tiger norwood's
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                          I was talking about the use of bad language. It is not needed and it is not appreciated.

I believe it is more likely that since he is male and he is at the age that a males hormones start to change that this is the reason for the extra hair elsewhere. Yes it is about hormones. Minoxdiil does not do anything with hormones.
                          Tracy i respect you as very serious poster, and you do seem to know a lot of things about hairloss, and you are educating the desperate young men who seek advice. I have to say when i comes to minox and side effects among men, i have first hand experiences and also i have the facts to back up the claim, that minox can indeed induce unwanted hair growth on the body. Below is a list of side effects that has been reported from use of minox.

Side effects

Common side effects of minoxidil include burning or irritation of the eye, itching, redness or irritation at the treated area, as well as unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the body. Users should stop treatment and seek medical attention right away if they experience any of the following serious side effects: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dizziness; fainting; fast heartbeat; sudden, unexplained weight gain; swollen hands or feet.[11]
                          Alcohol and propylene glycol present in some topical preparations may dry the scalp, resulting in dandruff and contact dermatitis.[12] Some formulations of minoxidil substitute lipid Nanosomes in order to reduce contact dermatitis from the alcohol and propylene glycol vehicle.[13][14]
                          Paradoxically, hair loss is a common side effect of minoxidil treatment.[15] Manufacturers note that minoxidil-induced hair loss is a common side effect and describe the process as "shedding". Although this phenomenon demonstrates that minoxidil is indeed affecting hair follicles, manufacturers offer no guarantee that the new hair loss will be replaced with hair growth. The speculated reason for this shedding is the encouragement of hairs already in the telogen phase to shed early.
                          Side effects of oral minoxidil may include swelling of the face and extremities, rapid and irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness, cardiac lesions, and focal necrosis of the papillary muscle and subendocardial areas of the left ventricle.[16] There have been cases of allergic reactions to minoxidil or the non-active ingredient propylene glycol, which is found in some topical minoxidil formulations. Pseudoacromegaly is an extremely rare side effect reported with large doses of oral minoxidil.[17]
                          Minoxidil is highly toxic to cats and may cause death with just inadvertent skin contact.[18][19]

Comment

• the_dude78
                            • May 2011

Originally posted by Tiger norwood's
                            Tracy i respect you as very serious poster, and you do seem to know a lot of things about hairloss, and you are educating the desperate young men who seek advice. I have to say when i comes to minox and side effects among men, i have first hand experiences and also i have the facts to back up the claim, that minox can indeed induce unwanted hair growth on the body. Below is a list of side effects that has been reported from use of minox.

Side effects

Common side effects of minoxidil include burning or irritation of the eye, itching, redness or irritation at the treated area, as well as unwanted hair growth elsewhere on the body. Users should stop treatment and seek medical attention right away if they experience any of the following serious side effects: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chest pain; dizziness; fainting; fast heartbeat; sudden, unexplained weight gain; swollen hands or feet.[11]
                            Alcohol and propylene glycol present in some topical preparations may dry the scalp, resulting in dandruff and contact dermatitis.[12] Some formulations of minoxidil substitute lipid Nanosomes in order to reduce contact dermatitis from the alcohol and propylene glycol vehicle.[13][14]
                            Paradoxically, hair loss is a common side effect of minoxidil treatment.[15] Manufacturers note that minoxidil-induced hair loss is a common side effect and describe the process as "shedding". Although this phenomenon demonstrates that minoxidil is indeed affecting hair follicles, manufacturers offer no guarantee that the new hair loss will be replaced with hair growth. The speculated reason for this shedding is the encouragement of hairs already in the telogen phase to shed early.
                            Side effects of oral minoxidil may include swelling of the face and extremities, rapid and irregular heartbeat, lightheadedness, cardiac lesions, and focal necrosis of the papillary muscle and subendocardial areas of the left ventricle.[16] There have been cases of allergic reactions to minoxidil or the non-active ingredient propylene glycol, which is found in some topical minoxidil formulations. Pseudoacromegaly is an extremely rare side effect reported with large doses of oral minoxidil.[17]
                            Minoxidil is highly toxic to cats and may cause death with just inadvertent skin contact.[18][19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoxidil

yup, I have increased hair growth on my arms, back and ears and my eyelashes are longer too, so it is definitely a possibility. But I did use way too much when I first started the treatment, one bottle would usually last less than two weeks. Now I stick to the recommended dose once a day and I hope it will go back to normal.

Comment

• Ramazan
                              • Aug 2011

Will the amount of bodyhair turn back to normal if i cut down or stop treatment?

Comment

Working...