+ Reply to Thread

Default Fin and making a family

Hey guys,
    I was listening to the last spencer's radio show, and he said an intresting point that cought my attention.
    He said that many ppl take fin and make healthy family but he wouldn't risk it since he has been on fin for 20 years and this is one of the reasons why he does not have kids.

So does that mean there is a slight risk that if you are on fin and try to make a family your kids might be born with some issues ?????

It's insane to even think that if you get away with sides your kids might get them. Please let me know your thoughts on this.

What I think he meant was, if by any chance his kid was to have a problem, he couldn't help but blame himself because he would immediately attribute it to finasteride but that doesn't mean if he decided to have child then he/she would have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ppxrare View Post
    What I think he meant was, if by any chance his kid was to have a problem, he couldn't help but blame himself because he would immediately attribute it to finasteride but that doesn't mean if he decided to have child then he/she would have an issue.
    Yes i know, and thats why he mentioned that many ppl on fin have healthy family with no problem.
    But if he meant that if by any chance his kid was to have a problem, he couldn't help but blame himself because he would immediately attribute it to finasteride then that means it could happen, and now the risk of sides (even if it's small percentage) could not just affect you but your family as well!!!! This is crazy

That's why I will never take that drug. It's not worth ****ing with your body and hormones just to keep some hair. IMO, it's better to accept your hair loss than to live with the sides of any current treatment besides FUE/HST.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    That's why I will never take that drug. It's not worth ****ing with your body and hormones just to keep some hair. IMO, it's better to accept your hair loss than to live with the sides of any current treatment besides FUE/HST.
    I agree, im giving minoxidle a shot now, i know it's not that effictive but it could buy you some time if it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    I agree, im giving minoxidle a shot now, i know it's not that effictive but it could buy you some time if it works for you.
    Thats your decision to make. Maybe you could talk to a Doctor.

But from what I know semen only contains traces of Finasteride. And even so Finasteride has a very small half-life. If you want to be extra caution you can skip the day before you are trying to concieve and there won't be much Fin in your body. Dr.Rassman has commented on this several times.

Anways, do what you think is best, but make sure you understand it is unlikely Minoxidil alone will stop the hairloss. Thats the mistake I made for several years. So regardless of what you do, don't count too much on Minox alone.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    Thats your decision to make. Maybe you could talk to a Doctor.

But from what I know semen only contains traces of Finasteride. And even so Finasteride has a very small half-life. If you want to be extra caution you can skip the day before you are trying to concieve and there won't be much Fin in your body. Dr.Rassman has commented on this several times.
    i just wrote what spencer said. Spencer has been in this field for so long and he communicates with most doctor on a regular basis, plus he is pro fin, and hearing him saying that one of the reasons he does not have children is because he's been on fin for 20 years and he doesn't wanna risk it is scary as hell. If it was as simple as skiping the day before trying to concieve, then what risk was spencer talking about ???????? plus sometime you can conceive without planning it.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    Anways, do what you think is best, but make sure you understand it is unlikely Minoxidil alone will stop the hairloss. Thats the mistake I made for several years. So regardless of what you do, don't count too much on Minox alone.
    Im taking the HST route. I just hope minoxidile can make my native hair look kinda thicker and maybe buy me some time.
    As you said each person can decide what's best for him/her, and for me i'd rather not play with my body hormones, specially since fin in its current form will not only affect the scalp area but your whole body.